Your #1 Greatest Person Ever

maqroll

Kublai Khan who I think beat his grandfather for conquest and more importantly creted a legacy ( Ghengis went for total wipeout and wasn't interested in cities or legacy )

Augustus Ceaser out did his great grandfather

Some tough competition

But my vote goes for Alexander the Great , wonder what else he would have done had he not died young

If I was going for a UK person then hands down it has to be Margaret Thatcher , we've had some great Brits over the years but nobody can come close to her... I think when she does the least we can do is rename Liverpool or Sheffield in her honour

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

JFK

just think his life was ridiculously interesting and in so many ways him and bobby were miles ahead of everyone else

I'm one of those people quite fascinated by the Kennedy legacy

For my money Bobby would have gone on to great things as president .. Of course we will never know

I suppose the "great things" bit is the million $ question

I went for conquerors which arguably isn't all that great in the sense they were taking lives even if what they physically achieved was "great"

Probably the real greats should be someone like Fleming or Marie Curie

I'd like to meet Noel Gallagher, but he's just a hero of mine.. I don't think I could choose the best person ever.. Everyone being different i what makes the world go round, it would be boring if everyone was Albert Einstien, Brian Cox, Messi, Maradonna, Thatcher, Churchill, Fry, Carrey etc.

Ernest Shackleton deserves a nod, based entirely on what he did after his ship was crushed into splinters by ice. The fact that not one of his crewman died during that nightmare is just incredible. A great testament to human endeavor and endurance.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

I didn't need the link for her as I did the walking tour in Munich the other year and went to the area where she and her brother were handing out the leaflets

I feel like Stephen Fry now ( in the brain sense not in the man love sense )

I'd like to meet Noel Gallagher, but he's just a hero of mine.. I don't think I could choose the best person ever.. Everyone being different i what makes the world go round, it would be boring if everyone was Albert Einstien, Brian Cox, Messi, Maradonna, Thatcher, Churchill, Fry, Carrey etc.

Noel is my hero too. This may sound weird but whenever I'm a bit down I stick on his interview with Parkinson and it cheers me up, such great spirit and obviously having grown up with his music I love him for that n all.

I'd like to nominate a couple of very creditable runners up. These would be the dream team from British Gas, who, between them replaced my old meter with a new one, read the figure on the new one, 000,000,001 and dialled it in to HQ.

The subsequent rebate cheque from the British Gas computer for (from memory) about £1,700 was very welcome.

• Like 1

Not one greatest person as many have done great things, just a few to start:

Wright brothers (I love travelling so the first flights are big towards this)

Churchill

McGrath (obviously)

Da Vinci

Doctor emmett brown

Edited by mikeyp102

Â