Marmite.

leebarnett2004

Peanut butter is better.

The wife left a piece of toast with marmite thinly spread on it and I thought that it was slightly burnt toast, so I spread peanut butter on it and took a large bite.

It was terrable ..........Yuk.

Actually, peanut butter over Marmite on toast is pretty good, IMO. Better without the PNB, but still.

Marmite is evil. It's divisive and evokes extreme emotions in otherwise rational and stable people. Debate regarding this issue tends to be polarised with two clear sides being taken and opinions entrenched from the very beginning. At best people agree to disagree, at worst they end up naked, wrestling, bloodied and covered in the stuff from top to toe.

I like it myself.

I know this thread is about marmite, but I have to say that IMHO peanut butter is THE best spread this side of the black stump.

It's only an occasional thing for me. Couldn't eat it more than a few times a year.

i love it on toast but on nothing else, and it has to be spread so thick that it is still black, if it starts to blend with the butter and go a bit brown you havent put enough on IMO

Not for me!

I have to spread it thinly.

Slightly flavoured, like a 'Ready Salted' toast, if you will.

One gripe I have is that the melted butter on toast turns into mush when I spread marmite on.

I think I'm going to try spreading the marmite on the toasted bread first, then putting butter on top.

New Years Eve.. ay..

Exciting

One gripe I have is that the melted butter on toast turns into mush when I spread marmite on.

I think I'm going to try spreading the marmite on the toasted bread first, then putting butter on top.

The tick is to let the toast cool a bit, and have the butter soft, ready. Then the bread doesn't go soggy, and the marmite won't mush with the butter.

he

The tick is to let the toast cool a bit, and have the butter soft, ready. Then the bread doesn't go soggy, and the marmite won't mush with the butter.

Disagree. I would do the opposite. Butter onto very hot toast, so that it ALL melts in. Not too much butter, or you'll get some islands of unmelted. Then apply the Marmite, carefully.

Â