How good is our squad?

NurembergVillan

We need a commanding centre half, a left back, two solid central midfielders and possibly another centre forward. The team has currently got no spine.

I doubt Randy will risk relegation and losing a minimum of £30m as a result - he could invest that and we could scrape survival.

The one thing I am hopeful of at the moment is Michael Henke. He was only appointed two weeks before the end of the transfer window and will hopefully have earmarked the players we need to get us out of the shit. Which is where we very much are at present.

The sale of the browns, the appoitment of Henke and our absolutely abysmal season so far makes me believe spending will happen January.

I think we're going to have to forget about cutting wages though if we are to sign quality players that will improve us instantly.

I'd still keep some of the younger players, but not as permanent fixture first teamers. Also we need to keep Weimann. As for the rest...

Sorry yes, I forgot about wee Andi. I think he's got a future at this level and I hope it's with us. Also like you I would keep many of our young players - Bannan, Bennett, Stevens and perhaps even Herd as long as they are utilised correctly. They should be moved on in time as the new crop come through.

Bent, N'Zogbia, Dunne, Delph and even Agbonlahor need to be replaced with experienced professionals who we can actually utilise. I know we have been burned before, once bitten twice shy and all that. But we can't go on like this, we've tried and failed. The manager will see this, of that I am sure. Whether it is possible or not will remain to be seen.

Harsh on Albrighton I think, he's looked quite sharp when on the pitch in the last couple of games... Isn't aided by the fact that our manager isn't a fan of wingers. I think he still has a premier league future.

Like I said in another thread there are those players who are not good enough and those whose wages are too high. After them you have the following that I think will and should be here next season

Guzan

Given

Lowton

Vlaar

Baker

Clark

Bennett

Stevens?

Westwood

Al Ahmadi

Gardner

Carruthers

Holman

Gabby

Benteke

Weimann

Bowery

That means we need a rb cb two wingers and 2 CM and 1 ST.

Edited by omariqy

Oddly enough a lot of other fans seem to think our kids are good and will do well next season if we stay up. And it's true, Baker, Lowton , Westwood, Weimann and Benteke is a decent young spine.

Edited by Keyblade

I don't see past;

Guzan

Lowton

Vlaar

Baker

Holman

Benteke

Gabby

Bent.

Those are the only ones with real genuine conviction I'd say were good enough. HOWEVER;

Joe Bennett - Not seen much but I actually have liked what I've seen from a potential good attacking full back point of view.

Ashley Westwood - Good start to his career here, looked solid but few things have made me have a few doubts but promising.

Charles N'Zogbia - The games i've seen him play this season, mainly from the bench i've really liked and he's proven and a game changer so I hold hopes we'll see a revive.

Then;

Ciaran Clark & Barry Bannan, Marc Albrighton - I don't know, they look at times like very good players then often disappoint, possible back ups but don't mind if get rid.

Andraes Weimann, - Simply put, I don't think he's good enough overall, maybe 4th choice striker or something.

Chris Herd, Eric Lichaj - Woeful, no place within our squad.

Ireland & Delph - Just too long, not enough performance, Delph glimmers of hope with age but sell both.

KAE - Just doesn't seem up to it at the moment but not going to rule him out completely.

Given & Dunne - Age and wages and probable quality.

Hardly rave reviews, definite strengthening required out wide and central midfield.

Well,I have to disagree with all of you.

In my opinion there is not much wrong with the team that we put out on a saturday, all we really need ( in my opinion ) is a few PL players on the field.You can't expect to beat PL teams with a bunch of youngsters, FFS most of them have not played more than 1 complete season in the PL.That's why we look like a team that has just won promption, cause the players we are putting out on the pitch have virtually very little PL experiancs between the lot of them.

With the squad we have we need to do something like.

Play Bent and Wierman up front ( with Benteke comming off the bench ) Dunn to marshall and organise the defence and someone to help Ireland in midfield.We wont set the PL on fire but I am sure we will get better results and the younger players will also learn and get better.

Young inexpreienced players are going to learn sweet FA from other young inexpreienced players.

I say, give the players we have now a chance BUT give them a fair chance by putting a few experienced players in the backbone of the team.

our sqaud is so average through out, its confusing as to know who is worth keeping and who to sell

a few weeks ago i said sell bannan, last week i said keep him, now i want him sold again

our 2 LBs are not strong enough, stevens is good as back up, but we still need a senior regular LB

lichaj is fine as back up RB, he doesnt need replaing, weve also got herd who ccan be back up RB and back up DM

we are lucky enough to have some utility players like lichaj, herd, nzogbia, clark and holman, but theyre only squad players

Â