Rating and Reactions: Villa 0-3 Wigan

limpid

Too many players were total garbage today. Ireland, Lichaj, Benteke, Bennett, Bannan all had their worst games in a Villa shirt simultaneously.

Easy to blame Lambert but when players fail to pass ten yards to a Villa player then what hope has he got ?!!!

Ah what a surprise. Thought we'd get hammered.

We are the worst team in the league.

We are going down, I can feel it. Lambert should get the sack when it happens.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

Absolutely horrendous. What would be the point in marking them, it won't change a thing.

Lichaj and Herd should probably never play for the club again. The substitutions showed a lack of understanding and ambition and there is certainly no sense of pride, leadership or hunger on display right now.

Dreadful. We can only hope we learn from this because a couple more like this and we're going, make no mistake. There will be no way back.

Judging from the comments in this thread, the main argument in defence of Lambert seems to be "I'm a better fan than you." Says a lot.

Nope... it's the general fact that if we sack him now we are going to be back to square one.... no point in that!!

We have the right manager, results are not good but lambert is the man for us. Needs backing big style in january

He really isn't , he has done nothing in his career to suggest he can cope under pressure and clearly isn't coping now. Time for a change IMHO.

Where do we go here. I feel smashed. What has happened since that win against Liverpool. just don't get it. Seems months ago that on match of the day they were saying how much better we are looking and that we should be looking up the table .

Seems so strange, what has happened to the players. Like Benteke? Have they been on lash ups. Did they believe the hype that was building

I do feel there is no point in getting rid of Lambert because who else is there who would want the job with this state of affairs. Poor team and a chairman who seems to be more interested on getting the wage bill down than keeping us up. Its makes no difference if you give a manager 100 million to spend if you cap the wages at say 30k you'll only get the same standard of player

Edited by VillaIoW
  • Like 1

Lambert is still the right man. These results are atrocious I agree but I still believe in him. We aren't the worst team in the league, the table proves that and I really believe we will get a lot better and that has to mean moving away from the relegation zone. The players he has brought are good but they are inexperienced. A few new players in Jan and we can move up the table.

I understand the negativity on this thread but 3 games ago it was all different and in 3 games time it could be different again. Villa fans are very fickle but I'm going to keep my confidence in Lambert because I believe in the big picture he is creating. People will disagree with me but I don't care, people will pick holes in my argument with stats or something else but I think Lambert is the right man and I hope he continues and is allowed decent money in the upcoming transfer window....

• Like 1

Untrue

What a load of shit.

Hold my hands up, upon a reread there's not much 'better fan' rubbish in this thread, but I just came from the match thread where there was more of it brewing, cries of 'fickle' and the like. Even so, 'we'd be back to square one' isn't all that strong an argument in Lambert's favour when it appears we haven't even left square one.

Hold my hands up, upon a reread there's not much 'better fan' rubbish in this thread, but I just came from the match thread where there was more of it brewing, cries of 'fickle' and the like. Even so, 'we'd be back to square one' isn't all that strong an argument in Lambert's favour when it appears we haven't even left square one.

If it wasn't in this thread can you point us in the direction of the "better fan than you " comments . ? I read the match thread and can't recall seeing any ?

Just back from VP.

Well, what a FREAK result that was. I never expected that.

Every goal that Wigan scored FREAKED me out but I consoled myself each time that it was merely a FREAK. It was a really FREAK result at the end and we are clearly making progress as could be so clearly evidenced by the great performance put in by the team.

Â