Abu Dhabi... Indonesia...

Don_Simon

So, this is the plan for the summer: Abu Dhabi... Indonesia...

I'm 30 next October, so would like to do something "different" before my twenties end! Abu Dhabi will be a four day city break, and Indonesia a 14 day beach break / culture trip. Found some very decent flights with Etihad, so thats all sorted, so just wondered if anyone had been to any of the places and can recommend anything? Accommodation or places to see?

Abu Dhabi is just something to break up the flight really, but i'd like to go to the middle east. Cheers guys and gals, all advice appreciated.

Edited by Don_Simon

Cut 3 days of Abu Dhabi and 10 off Indonesia would be my advice :-)

I've not been to Indonesia but the obvious one would be to go see Orang-utans in the wild

Toraja was the place i was looking at going to see as and when I get to that neck of the woods , has the old royal tombs

And some nice scenery and I think you get there by the way of Komodo , home of the "dragons" which I would imagine should be pretty cool

Be Interesting to see where you go / what you think of the place so be sure to report back

Cut 3 days of Abu Dhabi and 10 off Indonesia would be my advice :-)

I've not been to Indonesia but the obvious one would be to go see Orang-utans in the wild

Toraja was the place i was looking at going to see as and when I get to that neck of the woods , has the old royal tombs

And some nice scenery and I think you get there by the way of Komodo , home of the "dragons" which I would imagine should be pretty cool

Be Interesting to see where you go / what you think of the place so be sure to report back

Hahaha! That is some cut-throat advice from someone whose travel advice I trust. Bad times!

I spent 3 nights in Jakarta... not the most scenic in the world (its a constant traffic jam!) but could offer you some advice on the best bars and clubs to go to there! Had some cracking nights out there.

From there you could fly to Yogakarta and then get a taxi to see Borobudur, which I imagine would be amazing.

Then fly onto Bali or Lombok to chill out.. or to Indonesian Borneo or Sumatra to see the Orang Utans (not sure where exactly they are located)

Â