Weekends football 29/30 December

andykeenan

Why does everyone seem to bang on about Sterling as if he's some kind of genius. All he seems to do is run, cut inside, pass. Really overrated player. Gary Neville saying he plays football with intellect? Really? How?

Raheem Sterling = Shaun Wright-Phillips

(both rubbish!)

• Like 1

I wouldn't call Sterling Rubbish. Would Certainly have him at villa, and if he was at villa, we all would be over hyping him big time.

Yep, I don't think Sterling will be world class but he'll be a good player. On the topic of over hyping last year there was a poster on here saying that Gary Gardner is better than Jack Wilshere :lol:

Sterling is so over rated it is untrue... it is a mark of just how far Liverpool have fallen that he is given the status he is at the club.

Although I guess it is useful for them to have a player of his ethnic background after recent events.

I wonder if he would have made the break through under King Kenny? Me thinks not, I always wondered if he had a middle name as it happens... Kevin perhaps. :)

Sterling is not a good player atm. His a 17 year old who has the confidence to pick the ball up and run at the opposition. His got all the ability to be a great player but he needs to realise its a team game and he would be better off passing sometimes

In my view players just don't seem to learn that kind of awareness with experience, it seems to be the sort of attribute you either have or you don't have.

Many aspects of the game players can improve over time but these sort of players rarely improve their awareness of other players or their self awareness.

I think the comparison to SWP is quite accurate I don't think he will improve all that much.

Yep, I don't think Sterling will be world class but he'll be a good player. On the topic of over hyping last year there was a poster on here saying that Gary Gardner is better than Jack Wilshere :lol:

I think was actually the fella who said Wilshere is as good as Xavi and Iniesta?

In my view players just don't seem to learn that kind of awareness with experience, it seems to be the sort of attribute you either have or you don't have.

Many aspects of the game players can improve over time but these sort of players rarely improve their awareness of other players or their self awareness.

I think the comparison to SWP is quite accurate I don't think he will improve all that much.

And i would agree, fwiw I think swp is a player who was ruined by money, he joined chelsea at a time when he was arguably the best right winger in the premier league and then sat on the bench for 3 years, Scott sinclair is doing the same at this very moment though, and Sinclair is a much better player than sterling

mm Scott Sinclair is a very very average footballer. I would put him in bracket below both SWP and Sterling who at least have one trick. Sinclair cant beat a man or cross a ball and his stats look a lot better as he took a lot of penalties.

Swansea got a much better replacement in Pablo and think even saved some money overall.

As for Sterling the hype is ridiculous but I think his rise is similar to Albrighton, club was just floating by like we were under Houllier and fans just wanted something to cling onto

Â