Doctor Who

mikeyp102

No chance on Corden, has already been an extra. Couldn't see how he could then become the doctor. I expect it to be an unknown, apparently there have been strong links to eithe a female (mofatt ha always indicated he woul like one eventually) or a ginger (there have been many mentions throughout the series that the doctor has been a ginge)

The women who played Martha was an extra in the series before.

To be fair, Freema Agyeman played a very small role in that episode whereas Corden was a major character in two episodes.

It won't be Corden though, just can't see that happening at all.

Agreed, the only way to get round it was that he has "seen" inside the doctors mind.. But then it would still be weird to regenerate to fit the previous stories..

Wouldn't be shocked if they went down the ethnic route, but either way will be an unknown.

When do people reckon the announcement will be?

Edited by mikeyp102

We’re still reeling in shock following the news of Matt Smith’s sudden departure from Doctor Who, but talk has already turned to who will replace him as the lovable Time Lord.

Various names have been thrown around, including Jason Statham and David Harewood, and even a few female choices such as Olivia Colman. That’d be a nice change.

However, one star in particular has revealed that he’s keen to take over Matt Smith’s job, and that person is Russell Brand. Can you imagine how that would be?

The British comic and actor, who currently lives over in Los Angeles, spoke to Christian O’Connell on Absolute Radio’s Breakfast Show about his interest in the role.

“Yeah, I’d love to be him,” he replied, when asked if he’d like to play Doctor Who. “I’d be like a Tom Baker one, like a sort of long scarf, flouncy, wistful, quoting occasional poems, kicking cyber-men in the nuts. This is what the country needs.”

When asked about how he’d play Doctor Who, what with his lothario image and all, he quipped: “I would just travel through time pinching people’s arses. Carry on up the worm hole. Like quantum physics, so that is actually perfect. No, we can’t have that in the Tardis, ‘ere it’s a log bigger on the inside!”

Oo-er. Maybe Russell’s flirtatious and erudite character would be just enough to keep those pesky Daleks at bay?

Hmmmmmmm.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Capaldi would be an excellent Dr. Who. His acting is superb and I'm not sure he gets the credit he deserves for his role as Tucker..... its not just the ability to swear like that, its the facial expressions and the aggression he can summon at the same time. Given that TTOI is mostly improvised makes him acting all the more incredible. 

• Like 2

You can just imagine his speech in front of the dalek council..... 

"Oh why don't you all just **** off you whiney little shiny ****ing word removed's"!!! 

Â