Doctor Who

mikeyp102

Very good. Tom Baker was a nice touch. 

But I'm still confused about where John Hurt fits into the canon. Is he the '0th' Doctor? 

Would have been good if he'd regenerated into Hartnell at the end. 

But I'm still confused about where John Hurt fits into the canon. Is he the '0th' Doctor?

The 9th, they all get shifted a bit.

I feel very underwhelmed.  It was good (well, brilliant in fact) in parts but it seems like a lost opportunity. 

The cheesy bits just to show off 3D for the cinemas (oooh, it's a rabbit) didn't go down well and I felt it very slow in places.  

I think that that has suitably reassured me that I simply don't get Dr Who. I watched it as there was all the hype and a bunch of people I work with are fans. I've only ever seen 1 episode before this properly but know a bit about it all.

From my perspective that was more than a little rubbish, the highlight being a phoned in John Hurt.

Edited by Chindie

The 9th, they all get shifted a bit.

Wikipedia's got a nightmare on its hands, then. 

And if Hurt's the 9th, how do they explain the sequence where McGann was seen to regenerate into Ecclestone? 

Edited by mjmooney

I think that that has suitably reassured me that I simply don't get Dr Who. I watched it as there was ask the hype and a bunch of people I work with are fans. I've only ever seen 1 episode before this properly but know a bit about it all.

From my perspective that was more than a little rubbish, the highlight being a phoned in John Hurt.

Seeing it from a "casual viewer" perspective, there have been much, MUCH better episodes and I can see why some people didn't get it (I was wavering myself in parts which as I've said, underwhelmed me).  From a Dr Who "fan" perspective, it was a homage to the past and some of it was utterly brilliant. 

Edited by trekka

I think that that has suitably reassured me that I simply don't get Dr Who. I watched it as there was all the hype and a bunch of people I work with are fans. I've only ever seen 1 episode before this properly but know a bit about it all.

I'm sure you're right. Viewed objectively, it was probably pretty pointless. For the long term fan it's a completely different experience. 

Edited by mjmooney

Â