• Westwood
    • Holman
    • Lichaj
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Bennett (for Lichaj 56)
    • Ireland (for Westwood 56)
    • Bowery (for Holmen 79)

I was not too concerned at half time even though we were 3 down. I thought that we would change shape and come out and have a cut at them in the second half. I was very wrong.

We were woeful. We went from a very poor shape to no shape at all. Ireland provided a few moments when he came on but he replaced the wrong player.

Very bad day at the office for Lambert.

PS O'Dowd is a fat clearing in the woods.

Embarrassing, disgusting etc etc.

It doesn't matter how young the team is, not showing the necessary desire to prevent yourself getting bent over and conceding EIGHT is disgraceful.

As Villa fans, we've had more than our fair share of kicks in the nuts. There have been arguably more bad days than good days for those of us under the age of 30 but despite the bright future many of these players undoubtedly have, that's one of the worst for me. Sickening.

No excuse for shipping 8 goals though.

as I said a bad result no question but a tonking defeat is always possible for a team like ours, no doubt there will be man over reactions I can see that but do we get beat 8 every week? A freak result is no reason to slash wrists just because it happened to us

Some are ridiculously saying various things about how this may happen

OPTA just tweted

8 - This was the first time in top flight history (3936 games) that Aston Villa have conceded 8+ goals in a game. Destroyed

and some are OK with that? - maybe they have "other" agendas?

• Like 1

I'm not even reacting to this. As I said in the other thread, losses against top teams like Chelsea will happen. Even the occasional drubbing (although 8 is taking the piss).

But to lie down in front of them and just accept defeat like that is inexcusable. So with that in mind if they can't be arsed to play, I can't be arsed to react to them.

I didn't expect that . I expected to see us lose, but not by 8. Not sure how to feel after that, it's disappointing in the short term and I think this one of those moments when we need to keep a long term perspective.

Anyone see us beating them in the cup final?

I do hope the players have a whip to pay for tickets and travel for our amazing support. that would be the only redeeming factor from the biggest pile fo steaming shower of shite ive seen in a while, and thats saying something with a season of McDogshite.

Â