• Westwood
    • Holman
    • Lichaj
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Bennett (for Lichaj 56)
    • Ireland (for Westwood 56)
    • Bowery (for Holmen 79)

If we were going to get methodically dismantled, today was a good time to have it happen. Lerner will see that no matter how promising and occasionally good this young side is...we need some new players in January, badly. I hope Lambert and the scouts have some quality lined up and ready to sign on the line which is dotted.

Massive wakeup call for everyone involved.

There will always be fans that say 'this type of result is to be expected' and praise the opponents for being so good when the reality is that this type of result should never be expected and it certainly should never be accepted and there isn't any opponent in the world that we should say are 'so good' that they put 8 goals past us.

This is totally inexcusable and any fan that disagrees is on the planet zorg!

I think it's fair to expect to lose the European champions away and a hammering is hardly a complete shock either . Obviously no one is expected to be happy with the manner of defeat but a realist will tell you we are miles behind Chelsea.

Fair enough, you can't accept the result . What is the next step then in your phase of unacceptance ?

I can't see any other outcome other than accepting the result to be honest . What else can we do other than have a hissy fit about it ?

• Like 1

I hate Chelsea. Rubles FC. Oscar alone cost three times as much as Benteke. They did the same to us as they did when MON was in charge. They were just ruthless in their finishing. Guzan isn't going to stop many from going in the top corner. This is still a very young side. Tactics were an issue but ultimately one very bad performance does not make us a bad side. Beating an in-form Norwich in the Cup and Liverpool in the league were no flukes.

Inane comments? We all have our opinions.

we have been shit more often than good under Lambert, so until we get a few more wins and good performances then there is no evidence to say that wins against Norwich and Liverpool weren't flukes.

How many managers at Villa will try and play the same group of youngsters and realise they are not good enough, is there not a dossier on Bannan and Herd that gets passed onto each new manager?

There are no over reactions to that performance... Yes the reactions tread can often be well over the top, but ffs let's not start taking people apart for reacting negatively to that performance... It Was undoubtedly the worst performance I've ever seen or ever hope to see. I'm 100% behind lambert regardless, but that was an atrocious performance by our manager, who was more to blame than any individual player. Anyone getting on their high horse about over reactions can get straight back down from there. This WAS the lowest of the low in terms of performance. Go to town on the negativity folks because its very much warranted.

you can talk all day about the gulf in class/quality.

it was there last week too.

The difference was you cannot stand off the oppostion in the way we did today. This was a case of believing our own publicity. The siege mentality was missing today.

Liverpool could have been several goals up last week but we closed them down and denied them....

his was different we just watched them play.

If our young players don't learn quick ...Benteke will be gone in a flash.

amen

What was Lambert doing really? It was almost as if he was trying to send a message to Lerner that he needs backing in January.

The thought crossed my mind as well. If that was his intention it's a job emphatically well done.

Ireland was our best outfield player, and he did absolutely nothing other than make safe passes. He needs to go, or agree a 60% wage cut.

We might not be able to replace them all in January, but come August there will be no place in the lineup for Bannan or Herd. They may both be capable of occasional good games, but on the whole they are both liabilities. Holman and Lichaj can stay as squad players. We need to find at least one very good midfielder in January or it will be a loooong season. We also need CB cover, because Herd is no CB - he wasn't very good against Liverpool either. Somehow we also need to find the kind of striker who can come on and change a game.

Apart from all that I do think we have the bare bones of quite a good side :)

Be thankful we didn't break the record for biggest defeat, cus it should of been double figures, atleast 12-0.

None existant midfield made even worse when best of the lot westwood was took off and the woeful bannan was left on. Is love to know the reasoning behind that Lambert.

Go to town on the negativity folks because its very much warranted.

And people wonder why we're known as some of the most miserable fans in the country.

I don't understand why some people aren't capable of looking at the bigger picture. Worst performance and result I've ever seen but that doesn't erase what up until now has been a good few weeks.

Lack of experience will send us down.

We all love to see young players coming through, but that route today on the back of a great win at Anfield shows how vulnerable we really are.

The lack of closing down has shocked me....I didn't think this team would do that.

We need to deal with it in January.

And people wonder why we're known as some of the most miserable fans in the country.

I don't understand why some people aren't capable of looking at the bigger picture. Worst performance and result I've ever seen but that doesn't erase what up until now has been a good few weeks.

Because this is the thread for discussing one particular performance. I'm not saying we're doomed, or that the future is particularly bleak, but that performance, in isolation, deserves all the derisory remarks that will come its way. You cannot defend that performance, this thread's purpose is not to debate the wider picture, which is a different matter all together.

• Like 1

Did Norwich ever lose 8:0 under Lambert?

Funny how they are now doing better since he left.

So we got a pretty fortunate win against Liverwank then end up being wiped out by Chelsea.

The way we play reminds me of a League one side playing Prem sides every week in the cup, loads of heart and drive, precious little quality of experience. People can say we knew we would lose today, i mean we got spanked by City also, but 8:0? Really?

I agree with some on here, we'll play the same team vs spurs and get destroyed again.

Don't let this result somehow affect your memory of last week. We played Liverpool off the park last week and thoroughly deserved a victory. Don't say that was luck just because we got annihilated today.

I do hope the players have a whip to pay for tickets and travel for our amazing support. that would be the only redeeming factor from the biggest pile fo steaming shower of shite ive seen in a while, and thats saying something with a season of McDogshite.

I'd be shocked and appalled if they DON'T pay up to the away fans.

Because this is the thread for discussing one particular performance. I'm not saying we're doomed, or that the future is particularly bleak, but that performance, in isolation, deserves all the derisory remarks that will come its way. You cannot defend that performance, this thread's purpose is not to debate the wider picture, which is a different matter all together.

Fair enough. It's just a shame not everyone is like that.

Â