• Westwood
    • Holman
    • Lichaj
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Bennett (for Lichaj 56)
    • Ireland (for Westwood 56)
    • Bowery (for Holmen 79)

A sobering result. Shows up the deficiencies we have heading in to January. Let's face it though, our starting eleven cost half of one of their players they signed this season.

Embarrassing, no team should ever lose by 8. So many of the things that are wrong at AVFC were shown for all to see there. The players will take the blame but Lambert and his inability or unwillingness to change things must take some of the blame also.

In the 40 odd years I have been watching Villa that is one of, if not the most woeful Villa performances I have seen.

I don't care how expensive their squad is, we should not be losing 8-0 to any team. Lambert disappointed me today. I have always backed him and believed in him, but he refused to change our formation which cost us all those goals.

Embarrassing, no team should ever lose by 8. So many of the things that are wrong at AVFC were shown for all to see there. The players will take the blame but Lambert and his inability or unwillingness to change things must take some of the blame also.

In the 40 odd years I have been watching Villa that is one of, if not the most woeful Villa performances I have seen.

And so it begins.

• Like 1

Bad result without question but a tonking defeat for a team like ours is always to be expected, if not predicted.

No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater and over react totally even though it may be tempting for some to do that

• Like 3

shockingly bad, hard to really judge until after the wigan game IMO if we get 6 points out of the 4 games then its a decent enough return the reaction vs spurs and then wigan is the main thing, the success of our season isnt down to chelsea away, if some of them have been brought back to earth (benteke especially) the formation gets more work and PL gets more funds then so be it, we have to react though cos today was embarrassing

doesnt help that i now have to see pretty much everyone i know in the next 2 days

Â