U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 minute ago, villakram said:

There are types of oil. 

The US is not self sufficient in the types of oil it's economy actually uses.

I'm more baffled by the disconect between your post and mine given that I really did learn about the different types of oil at Uni

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shaw_nuff said:

Still, at least he ain't Trump eh?

You say it like Trump wasn't entirely happy to use drone strikes while also getting up to the other bollocks people hated him for.

• Like 1

On 26/02/2021 at 16:09, bickster said:

I'm more baffled by the disconect between your post and mine given that I really did learn about the different types of oil at Uni

disconnect... care to expand?

On 27/02/2021 at 21:38, maqroll said:

Andrew Cuomo is f*cked

He has been shown to have engaged in a cover up and engage in sexual things. What's does he need to do for the trifecta?

It's quite revealing that he hasn't resigned, or been forced to, by now and I'd love to know how this will effect his CNN bro, who will have known about at least one of these things.

8 minutes ago, villakram said:

He has been shown to have engaged in a cover up and engage in sexual things. What's does he need to do for the trifecta?

It's quite revealing that he hasn't resigned, or been forced to, by now and I'd love to know how this will effect his CNN bro, who will have known about at least one of these things.

Has any of this had any actual impact on what New York voters think of him? He seems to be absolutely reviled by anyone who knows about politics, from any different ideology, yet also seems to constantly have like a 60% approval rating or something. Is that finally going down in flames?

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Has any of this had any actual impact on what New York voters think of him? He seems to be absolutely reviled by anyone who knows about politics, from any different ideology, yet also seems to constantly have like a 60% approval rating or something. Is that finally going down in flames?

Not really sure about the local scene as De Balsio and him play off against each other so well. The Dem appointed NY AG is going after him, so he's toast. He is rapidly becoming toxic nationally too.

Had Trump not been around, I imagine there would surely have been some sort of recall effort similar to what Newsom is facing in Cali. NY is so heavily D though, whereas Cali does have a history of R politics, despite the national election results.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villakram said:

Ask Zelensky for a favour?

About his brother, I can only hope CNN have the ethical decency keep him off any topic even remotely related to Andrew Cuomo.

'who will have known about at least one of these things.' How do you know this? If so, there should be consequences, but I have not seen anything so far indicating he did. So this statement is pure gossip.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AXD said:

Ask Zelensky for a favour?

About his brother, I can only hope CNN have the ethical decency keep him off any topic even remotely related to Andrew Cuomo.

'who will have known about at least one of these things.' How do you know this? If so, there should be consequences, but I have not seen anything so far indicating he did. So this statement is pure gossip.

Gossip is a little harsh. They are brothers and by all accounts close. The nursing home thing was being talked abut last April and his "behavior" with female colleagues goes much longer.

Cuomo is a prominent political creature who appears to be quite adept with a shovel. Will he keep digging...

On 01/03/2021 at 16:51, villakram said:

Not really sure about the local scene as De Balsio and him play off against each other so well. The Dem appointed NY AG is going after him, so he's toast. He is rapidly becoming toxic nationally too.

Had Trump not been around, I imagine there would surely have been some sort of recall effort similar to what Newsom is facing in Cali. NY is so heavily D though, whereas Cali does have a history of R politics, despite the national election results.

200.gif

arnold schwarzenegger goodbye GIF

Whilst it’s been 20 years, there is still history of NY voting GOP (yeah I know he was mayor and not governor but point remains). I still can’t believe Arnie has been an elected representative.

You are right though, Trump has lowered the bar so much that you Cuomo could have grabbed them by the p**** and probably not worry. 

Â