U.S. Politics

maqroll

Text of a Letter to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President of the Senate

Dear Madam Speaker: (Dear Mr. President:)

Pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.) (IEEPA), the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, I hereby report that I have issued an Executive Order taking further steps to deal with the threat posed by the People’s Republic of China’s (PRC) increasing exploitation of United States capital to resource and to enable the development and modernization of its military, intelligence, and other security apparatuses which continue to allow the PRC to directly threaten the United States homeland and United States forces overseas, including by developing and deploying weapons of mass destruction, advanced conventional weapons, and malicious cyber-enabled actions against the United States and its people.

Through the national strategy of Military-Civil Fusion, the PRC increases the size of the country’s military-industrial complex by compelling civilian Chinese companies to support its military and intelligence activities.  Those companies, though remaining ostensibly private and civilian, directly support the PRC’s military, intelligence, and security apparatuses and aid in their development and modernization.  At the same time, they raise capital by selling securities to United States investors that trade on public exchanges both here and abroad, lobbying United States index providers and funds to include these securities in market offerings, and engaging in other acts to ensure access to United States capital.  In that way, the PRC exploits United States investors to finance the development and modernization of its military.

To deal with that threat, I signed Executive Order 13959 on November 12, 2020.  Executive Order 13959 prohibits certain purchases involving publicly traded securities, or any securities that are derivative of, or are designed to provide investment exposure to such securities, of any Communist Chinese military company.  Those companies are ones the Department of Defense has listed, or will list, pursuant to section 1237 of Public Law 105-261, as amended, or are identified as Communist Chinese military companies or their subsidiaries by the Secretary of the Treasury using similar criteria.

Today, I signed an Executive Order amending Executive Order 13959.  The amendments prohibit certain sales as well as purchases of publicly traded securities, or any securities that are derivative of, or are designed to provide investment exposure to such securities, of any Communist Chinese military company.  They also prohibit possession of such securities by United States persons 1 year after a company is determined to be a Communist Chinese military company.  And, finally, they allow the Secretary of Defense publicly to list whether a company is a Communist Chinese military company using the criteria in section 1237(b)(4)(B) of Public Law 105-261, as amended by section 1233 of Public Law 106-398 and section 1222 of Public Law 108‑375, regardless of whether the Secretary must report that determination under section 1237(b)(2).

I am enclosing a copy of the Executive Order I have issued.

Sincerely,

DONALD J. TRUMP

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Brumerican said:

The Dems funding a Chinese military cyber attack on the elections is quite the Hail Mary.

Wouldn't surprise me if he goes that route mind you.

Don’t know if he’s doing that, but China is the one thing his administration has consistently got right from day one.

The Dems are unlikely to change much at all on that front.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bickster said:

So here's a story... An 18 year old girl dobs in her family as being at the Capitol

Quite specifically pointing out each one, her mother, her uncle and her aunt

I'm lost for words how cringeworthy some of these 'protesters' are. Because they are white, middle class, comfortable people they seem to not understand that they can't behave like animals. They've never ever been troubled by American law enforcement because of their colour and life status and so they think they can just behave like this without consequence. America is **** up beyond belief. 

What's the sentencing for attacking an officer?

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

That girl who grassed on her family seems to have several fundraisers going. For legal costs and college tuition. She’ll probably update her bio to “entrepreneur” shortly.

Well the fambo aren't going to be contributing are they

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Turns out that all it took to make him sound vaguely Presidential was to make him terrified of being kicked out by the Senate and unable to piss about on Twitter.

I wonder if they were all swigging champagne bopping around to Gloria before he filmed that? 

39 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I'm lost for words how cringeworthy some of these 'protesters' are. Because they are white, middle class, comfortable people they seem to not understand that they can't behave like animals. They've never ever been troubled by American law enforcement because of their colour and life status and so they think they can just behave like this without consequence. America is **** up beyond belief. 

What's the sentencing for attacking an officer?

I watched that video last night and those 2 women reminded me of natural world videos you see of prarie dogs stalking their prey. 

The sneering hatred and constant tag team in your face attacks on the poor police woman who you can see is desperately trying to stay cool in the face of it but with the incessant nature of it, she just lost it. 

God knows what despicable insults they were throwing in her face but to my mind they should not get away with it and deserved what they got.

I would love to see what she was saying to those cameras but I bet she said she was minding her own business and was just assaulted by a policewoman.  No doubt the Policewoman will get into trouble which is a shame because there is no reason they should be expected to put up with that level of personal provocation.  Hopefully she has a body microphone that catches their words. 

Another example of these "Patriots" having zero respect of the police.  Disgraceful. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's almost as if he isn't censored.

He is President of the USA.  He can say whatever he likes. How is he being censored? 

I'm assuming that some paedophiles haven't made him rape and kill a child at gunpoint whilst videoing it of course, but that can't be entirely ruled out. 

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Another example of these "Patriots" having zero respect of the police.  Disgraceful. 

She hits a police officer, then gets one back 10x harder, then runs to a film crew to crew to cry about how the black (police) lady hit her. 

Bit of a conundrum here, and one I went through 4 years ago when Toby Keith played the inauguration. You see Johnny Cash aside, country music singer Toby Keith is without exception my favourite country singer. Through thick and thin, fallow and feast I throw money at that man. CDs, DVDs, Tshirts. He has my money. He will continue to have my money. 
That said, he received a congressional medal of the arts yesterday, from Trump, whilst Rome was burning. Its the old separate the art from the artist issue. You would think whilst he was being impeached Trump would have more important matters to mull over than to honour the Red Solo Cup guy. 
Feel free to have a go at my music taste as a centre left Toby Keith fan I understand the paradox. 

A little ammunition 

Edited by Seat68

20 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

I'm well up for seeing each and every one one these morons brought to justice and power to anyone who has the fortitude and conviction to report family involvement in the attempted coup (personally I'd throw my own Uncle under a bus for a Cadbury's Double Decker, but hey, everyone's got different standards), but I just can't read this story without having this flashing through my mind...

The Comedy Blog – A blog all about British Comedy

From the looks of it she was kicked out of the family for attending BLM protests and being lesbian. I don't think there's any love lost there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

From the looks of it she was kicked out of the family for attending BLM protests and being lesbian. I don't think there's any love lost there.

Thought you were referring to The Cat there for a second.

Â