U.S. Politics

maqroll

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

National Security Council! 

Got one. :)

It should be USAID

US Agency for International Development.

Sam Power will head it under Biden and Biden has made that post part of his National Security Council

• Like 1

Haha... I wonder what that mental slip up means 😂 Those poor countries I guess, who knows.

USAID is the hearts and minds arm of the US government. Or at least that's what is says on the label. It has also been used for a long time as a soft power arm of the empire and used as a recruiting tool for think-tank and cia-land.

So, moving it to the NSC (empire strategy council) removes any pretense and explains clearly what the purpose of USAID is. The reporting I heard this morning explicitly stated that Biden was making her/USAID directly report to the WH and it would be part of the NSC. Perhaps this is similar to the Obama era where many of the ad-lib constructions of the Bush/Cheney regime were formalized. 

It is banned in a number of countries. Guess which ones...

Edited by villakram

I'd wager 99% of the people who think Trump is being censored wouldn't bat an eyelid if a Muslim who was using social media to incite terrorism was banned from Twitter.

In fact I imagine they'd be right behind it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Wow. I originally said that it was **** up and shouldn't have happened, but I wasn't that sympathetic. 

I take it back. Thats broke my heart a little. The fact they rushed through this execution shows the kind of base Trump supporters have become. 

Had not heard of the story before, that’s one of the most tragic things I’ve ever read, from what happened to her to what she did. Society has a real habit of failing people and it is passed on from generation to generation. Grim.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd wager 99% of the people who think Trump is being censored wouldn't bat an eyelid if a Muslim who was using social media to incite terrorism was banned from Twitter.

Yup, exactly the point I made earlier. Nobody bats an eyelid as it happens every day, many of them American, presumably afforded the same "free speech" rights as the old white guys everyone is shedding tears for.

22 minutes ago, choffer said:

At least they are prepared now. 

I saw this earlier but thought it a bit weird to be honest. They were literally asleep on marble floors, not even a carry mat or any pillow. 

Probably the most uncomfortable possible way of trying to sleep.  They are not exactly going to be functioning properly after that. 

Surely there is some kind of barracks or at least get them some camp beds. 

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

First female in 67 years has been executed in the US. Doctors described her as mentally unstable and should not have been given the death sentence. 

Theatre for the the USA.  Macabre theatre.

7 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I've only read part of it but its a truly horrendous crime. However executing someone with serious mental health issues does not sit right with me. It's awful. 

I'm glad we don't have the death penalty here. 

There was somebody recently cut off someone's head on a Greyhound bus here in Canada.  Served his sentence, was put back on his meds, I am presuming there is a protocol to keep him on his meds, and I believe he is back in the community.

That is the difference between a civilized response to horrific events and the Trump administration playing to the deplorable elements in his base.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Call me the 1%, but this is a false comparison, really. Of course a random person inciting any kind of violence is getting kicked off. They're not a head of state whose account has already been deemed to be official presidential communication.

A more interesting comparison is how much people would care about Kim Jong Un or al-Assad being kicked off, and I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it. There's a bit more nuance to it than "Leave my orange god emperor alone but kick off the brown folk"

Edited by Davkaus

29 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Call me the 1%, but this is a false comparison, really. Of course a random person inciting any kind of violence is getting kicked off. They're not a head of state whose account has already been deemed to be official presidential communication.

A more interesting comparison is how much people would care about Kim Jong Un or al-Assad being kicked off, and I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it. There's a bit more nuance to it than "Leave my orange god emperor alone but kick off the brown folk"

My point wasn’t so much about brown people, more about people care about free speech when it’s someone they agree with. 

when it’s not they don’t give a ****

I used a muslim Because the rabid pro trumps would be extremely anti Islam. That’s a generalisation, but am I wrong?

Edited by Stevo985

Â