U.S. Politics

maqroll

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

The Dems need an all out campaign to demand that the mics are cut for 2 mins when each candidate speaks.

It was obviously a ploy. Just keeping shouting, distracting and drown out the truth.

Not all truth was drowned out, Trump actually highlighted it on one instance.

Correct me if I'm wrong, during Biden's turn to speak Trump threw in the cocaine use of one of Biden's sons.

Biden admirably acknowledged that Trump had spoken and that the accusations were truthful, and that he was proud of his son regardless.

I don't really care how that little exchange would be perceived at home, that showed a touch of class from Biden in my opinion, a real fallible human side.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, during Biden's turn to speak Trump threw in the cocaine use of one of Biden's sons.

Biden admirably acknowledged that Trump had spoken and that the accusations were truthful, and that he was proud of his son regardless.

I don't really care how that little exchange would be perceived at home, that showed a touch of class from Biden in my opinion, a real fallible human side.

I didn't see that part (I fortunately had to work tonight) but fair play to you for seeing it that way.

As for how it's 'spinned' in the media, well...... It was a total circus tonight and plays into the orange tits hands. He needs to be silenced, at least for two minutes so that Biden can articulate the facts of his failed administration.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Class? Let's not forget this exchange came on the back of Biden throwing out his (go to?) dead son defence on an issue that he didn't want to, and didn't,  address.

2 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Class? Let's not forget this exchange came on the back of Biden throwing out his (go to?) dead son defence on an issue that he didn't want to, and didn't,  address.

Can you clarify?

1. the context

2. what he said?

Do you have a video clip so we can come to our own conclusions?

13 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

You might have to remind me of what came prior to, as I recall Biden making remarks about Trump's disparaging comments on veterans and those who've served in the military, Biden then went on to state that his son had died serving the country, and that's when Trump started taunting Biden about his other son who had served in the military, who was dishonorably discharged, and had a cocaine habit.

How many of Trump's sons will serve in the military? And how many of them will profit from America's wars? I think it a bit insensitive that you call it a "go to dead son defence".

'I don't know Beau': Trump dismisses Biden’s dead son, pivots to attacks on Hunter

Biden referred to a recent Atlantic story that reported that Trump had disparaged American service members, touching on his own son's service.

"He was not a loser. He was a patriot, and the people left behind there are heroes," Biden said of service members, including Beau Biden, his son who died in 2015 from cancer and served in Iraq. 

"I don't know Beau," Trump said, dismissing the reference. He then pivoted to a mention of Biden's living son, Hunter, describing the younger Biden as an addict who had been dishonorably ejected from the military. "I know Hunter. Hunter got thrown out of the military. ... He was dishonorably discharged."

"That's not true," Biden interjected.

"For cocaine use," Trump responded, adding one of his repeated unproven claims that Hunter Biden's global business dealings amount to graft made possible by his father's status. "And he didn't have a job until you became vice president."

Hunter Biden was discharged from the Navy Reserve in 2014 after having tested positive for cocaine. Hunter Biden, his father said on the debate stage, also underwent treatment, overcoming addiction, a problem with which millions of Americans have struggled.

"I'm proud of my son," he said. 

Beau Biden, a former attorney general of Delaware, died of cancer in 2015. Neither Trump nor his sons have served in the military. Both Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr. have worked the bulk of their adult lives for Trump companies, like their father.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/live-blog/first-presidential-debate-trump-biden-n1241282/ncrd1241498#liveBlogHeader

@TheAuthority apologies you'll have to look elsewhere to source a video of it. 

Hopefully @WhatAboutTheFinish can provide some further context..

Edited by A'Villan

18 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Can you clarify?

1. the context

2. what he said?

Do you have a video clip so we can come to our own conclusions?

Sure. Trump first brings up Hunter at around 2:30 in the video when they are talking about links to Russia. Biden then brings up his other son (who died of a brain tumour not whilst in the military) to try to score a cheap point. Then it all kicks off. 😄 I can agree with @A'Villan that the support for Hunter was a nice touch, but the exchange didn't leave me feeling that Biden had much class or that he had any boundaries on topics to exploit for political gain.

34 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

4 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Sure. Trump first brings up Hunter at around 2:30 in the video when they are talking about links to Russia. Biden then brings up his other son (who died of a brain tumour not whilst in the military) to try to score a cheap point. Then it all kicks off. 😄 I can agree with @A'Villan that the support for Hunter was a nice touch, but the exchange didn't leave me feeling that Biden had much class or that he had any boundaries on topics to exploit for political gain.

Wow - that's what you pull out that interaction?

Your words "his dead son go to defence."

Trump first brings up Hunter at around 2:30 in the video when they are talking about links to Russia. Biden then brings up his other son (who died of a brain tumour not whilst in the military)

Er no. He doesn't then bring up Beau Biden as you state. At least 2 minutes passes before he talks about Beau. In no way did he try to equate that he died with a brain tumor whilst in the military. You've just imagined that for your post. Also "to score a cheap point"? Huh?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Plus he's got history..

Plus other examples if you look for them.

The videos you've posted show an older man trying to actually have a conversation with people who are obviously emotional (perhaps with good reason) but who are also angry, aggressive, defiant and unwilling to be be civil. I mean the 2nd video finishes with Biden offering to talk to the guy backstage without all of the attention of a campaign rally FFS. You seem to think you are watching some other kind of video - but everything you've posted tonight shows a far more reasonable human being than the narcissistic pig that currently is called President.

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 2

So Trump, who’s children have worked for Trump businesses all their lives criticises Biden because his children (who served for the military and as Attorney General) apparently couldn’t get a job until he was Vice President. 
Un-be-lieveable.

Â