U.S. Politics

maqroll

It's horrible - Trump answers nothing and is throwing Biden around like a wet cloth. 

He's amazing at turning a question into something he wants to talk about instead, he's amazing at stating the most ridiculous lie with incredible confidence and he's most amazing at speaking over other people and making them look weak.

If these debates go like this, and people vote off the back of them, it'll be a Trump landslide.

• Like 1

Trump is absolutely ignoring any attempt to interrupt him.

People will watch him shouting over Biden and the moderator and say "he's a strong guy, Joe is weak" and they'll vote for him.

The actual words that come out of his mouth are completely inconsequential, the fact that it's all lies doesn't matter, the fact that people know it's all lies doesn't matter.

Trump understands TV democracy like no other President in history.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's horrible - Trump answers nothing and is throwing Biden around like a wet cloth. 

He's amazing at turning a question into something he wants to talk about instead, he's amazing at stating the most ridiculous lie with incredible confidence and he's most amazing at speaking over other people and making them look weak.

If these debates go like this, and people vote off the back of them, it'll be a Trump landslide.

That's disheartening. Really is. Personally, most of all because there's no candidate able to stand up to him and better him. That's what's depressingly horrible for me.

The amazing things about Trump that you state are the traits of an obnoxious and rude individual with a contempt for the culture and people he's meant to represent and lead.

I'm afraid that we're going to need a candidate capable of keeping Trump in check when he crosses the line, and unfortunately right now with Trump in charge there is no line.

We need a candidate who's credentials and repertoire reaches far beyond articulating why their policy should be considered, especially against a spoiled brat like Trump.

I'm yet to tune into the debates but it doesn't sound like there's even one going on from your post. Debates have rules and criteria that need to be addressed.

If Biden isn't robust enough to navigate a proper debate and outwit someone like Trump, I wonder about how good he'll be as leader. Perhaps US voters will wonder the same..

Edited by A'Villan

You don't need a better politician to debate Trump, it's not about politics, it's a fight - a playground fight and Trump knows that if he wins it, it doesn't matter how he won it, people will vote for a winner. You need to put Eddie Murphy or Ricky Gervais in with him - a comedian would wipe the floor with him - the Democrats keep trying it with politics - they're playing a game that no longer exists and because of that, they'll lose.

• Like 1

Trump has called racial awareness training for the police "a bad idea" he's also just claimed that the problem with cars is that they're too expensive because of the amount of money it is costing to make them with lower emissions - the shit that comes out of his mouth is just alarming.

No one seems to notice.

Moderator is useless, he's actually laughing about forgetting the point at which the debate should be continued, after being disrupted by Trump ranting accusations about Biden for minutes on end when it's not even his turn to speak.

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

You don't need a better politician to debate Trump, it's not about politics, it's a fight - a playground fight and Trump knows that if he wins it, it doesn't matter how he won it, people will vote for a winner. You need to put Eddie Murphy or Ricky Gervais in with him - a comedian would wipe the floor with him - the Democrats keep trying it with politics - they're playing a game that no longer exists and because of that, they'll lose.

A playground fight goes down when the adults are nowhere to be seen. If that's what it's come to, and Trump wins it, and people vote for him based on that..

Are we really letting a schoolyard bully run the most influential power on the world stage at present? Aren't grown ups anywhere to be seen with half an ounce of sense?

It's a President who refused to condemn white supremacists in a live televised debate.

It's a President who believes racial awareness training is racist.

It's a President who said "I don't want to pay tax" in a live televised debate.

It's a President who said that he shouldn't invest in Green energy because it's too expensive.

It's a President who used "pocohantas" as an insult on a live televised debate.

It's a President who told a white supremacist group to "Stand back and stand by" in a live televised debate.

And there's talk he'll win; that he's what America wants.

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's a President who refused to condemn white supremacists in a live televised debate.

It's a President who believes racial awareness training is racist.

It's a President who said "I don't want to pay tax" in a live televised debate.

It's a President who said that he shouldn't invest in Green energy because it's too expensive.

It's a President who used "pocohantas" as an insult on a live televised debate.

It's a President who told a white supremacist group to "Stand back and stand by" in a live televised debate.

And there's talk he'll win; that he's what America wants.

He's at an almost historical low in the polls for an incumbent, and I'm not just talking popular vote.

"Winning" for Trump tonight meant appealing to more than his base and bringing back some of the small percentage of undecided / non-registered voters who currently lean heavily towards Biden. The kind of people who held their nose because the other choice was Hillary, or who voted for him last time because he wasn't a politician and he promised to shake up the establishment. He has neither of those two crutches to lean on this time.

I'm not saying Trump can't win, but the signs do not look good for him at all, and that debate did nothing to improve his standing where he needs a bump in support.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

A playground fight goes down when the adults are nowhere to be seen. If that's what it's come to, and Trump wins it, and people vote for him based on that..

Are we really letting a schoolyard bully run the most influential power on the world stage at present? Aren't grown ups anywhere to be seen with half an ounce of sense?

Trump looked like a child, not a bully - and a lot of adults were at home watching.

19 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Trump looked like a child, not a bully - and a lot of adults were at home watching.

Let's not mistake the naivety and innocence of children with being akin to Trump's behaviour. Trump was there to exploit every vulnerability.

He deliberately set out to undermine Biden with underhanded tactics at every opportunity, and took full advantage of a moderator who's arbitration skills were meek.

I take your point about adults being at home viewing, so I'll try and tone down on being so dramatic. However, Trump's TV ratings and votes in 2016 came from somewhere too..

2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Moderator is useless, he's actually laughing about forgetting the point at which the debate should be continued, after being disrupted by Trump ranting accusations about Biden for minutes on end when it's not even his turn to speak.

It's a Fox News man isn't he? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

He's at an almost historical low in the polls for an incumbent, and I'm not just talking popular vote.

"Winning" for Trump tonight meant appealing to more than his base and bringing back some of the small percentage of undecided / non-registered voters who currently lean heavily towards Biden. The kind of people who held their nose because the other choice was Hillary, or who voted for him last time because he wasn't a politician and he promised to shake up the establishment. He has neither of those two crutches to lean on this time.

I'm not saying Trump can't win, but the signs do not look good for him at all, and that debate did nothing to improve his standing where he needs a bump in support.

Biden's support are apparently less likely to vote if they think Trump will win anyway. That's being passed off as factual I'm quite confident.

With commentary like, "We'll have to see about that" when responding to the question of whether or not he will hand over power peacefully, and recommendations from his fellow republican Roger Stone to declare martial law if he loses the election, it makes you wonder if it's equally about Trump deterring voters from opposing him, as it is about him inspiring confidence in the population. Fear rears its ugly head to play a role in this, and Americans are full of it, they are united by it.

I'm not making any predictions, as I don't know.

Â