U.S. Politics

maqroll

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Trump reckons he's been taking hydroxychloroquine for a couple of weeks.

It's bullshit, it's dangerous bullshit and if it isn't bullshit lets hope it kills him

His doctor is probably giving him tictacs to make him go away.

• Haha 3

When I see this thread on the bottom of the page or page 2, I feel guilty bumping it up, especially if it's a post about Trump.

But **** it, you're going to suffer with me.

And in further not investing in your infrastructure news, a little bit north in Mid-Michigan, right near the home of mega-corp Dow chemical, a couple of dams have failed. This will potentially lead to  up to ~9ft in downtown Midland.

This dam lost it's Fed hydro-power licence a couple of years ago as it's flood mitigation capabilities were not up to scratch. The local political community were getting their act together looking to get the Dam fixed by the mid 20s, whoops. Of the over 2000 dams in Michigan, ~80% will be exceeding their 50yr design lifetime in the next few years. The civil engineer society has most of these with a D-grade.

26 minutes ago, villakram said:

And in further not investing in your infrastructure news, a little bit north in Mid-Michigan, right near the home of mega-corp Dow chemical, a couple of dams have failed. This will potentially lead to  up to ~9ft in downtown Midland.

This dam lost it's Fed hydro-power licence a couple of years ago as it's flood mitigation capabilities were not up to scratch. The local political community were getting their act together looking to get the Dam fixed by the mid 20s, whoops. Of the over 2000 dams in Michigan, ~80% will be exceeding their 50yr design lifetime in the next few years. The civil engineer society has most of these with a D-grade.

Should probably build a wall....

• Like 1

For the richest country in the history of the world, the state of infrastructure in the country is an absolute embarrassment. How many years is it that Flint hasn't had properly clean water now?

They will actually have an opportunity to deficit-spend on infrastructure as a way out of the enormous recession barreling towards them at great speed, but will they ever do anything about it? They will not.

• Like 3

And I thought the Vegas parking lot images were shoddy, well... outside city hall San Francisco, a social distanced homeless camping site or as the call it a "Safe Sleeping Village" 🤮

?m=02&d=20200520&t=2&i=1519293441&w=780& 

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

For the richest country in the history of the world, the state of infrastructure in the country is an absolute embarrassment. How many years is it that Flint hasn't had properly clean water now?

If you've not seen it before, the below is absolutely shocking.

10 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

If you've not seen it before, the below is absolutely shocking.

I partly like this guy because his show covers interesting topics that don't get much other mainstream exposure, but he's one of the least funny men in the world and I can never get through a segment.

He's got an army of script writers, but still substitutes jokes for speaking loudly. He's got one joke and it's talking loudly and pretending to be stern or afraid, regardless of the topic.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I partly like this guy because his show covers interesting topics that don't get much other mainstream exposure, but he's one of the least funny men in the world and I can never get through a segment.

He's got an army of script writers, but still substitutes jokes for speaking loudly. He's got one joke and it's talking loudly and pretending to be stern or afraid, regardless of the topic.

I really like the show, but know exactly what you mean. I would only really watch it if I see an interesting topic and I’d be unlikely to laugh at more than a couple of things in an episode.

I also just googled it and saw an article by a nuclear scientist saying the segment is misleading because they know exactly what to do with nuclear waste, it’s just red tape that prevents it.

16 hours ago, villakram said:

0fb.jpg

• Thanks 1

Even better, Trump follows it up by threatening to withhold federal aid unless they stop the effort to allow people to vote via mail in the upcoming election. It is the dictionary description of an impeachable offence. Not that doing anything impeachable matters anymore.

Â