"You get up and howl about America and democracy
There is no America, there is no democracy
We no longer live in a world of nations and ideologies
The world is a college of corporations
Inexorably determined by the immutable bylaws of business
The world is a business"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Does anybody still buy the stance Trump constantly takes that if you dare the challenge him on anything then you're anti-American?

Unfortunately, lots of Americans either do buy it or don't care because he's sticking it to the libs.

Trump impeached but presumably will not be removed from office by the Republican Senate. 

The voters will have their say in 12 months.

Amusing that he will forever be bracketed with Clinton and below Obama in the history books. He must be fuming. 

I have a feeling that Republican voters will see this as an affront to Democracy and gift him a second term. The only positive is that the US currently only allows 2 terms and it will be fun to watch his bitterness ramp up towards the end of that second term. 

On the other hand him being an unstable **** wit might see him go out with a bang and not a whimper. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have a feeling that Republican voters will see this as an affront to Democracy and gift him a second term. The only positive is that the US currently only allows 2 terms and it will be fun to watch his bitterness ramp up towards the end of that second term. 

On the other hand him being an unstable **** wit might see him go out with a bang and not a whimper. 

You're right, I can't see him losing too many of his voter base but then I can't see him winning over any undecideds or Democrat voters.  He lost the popular vote last time so it must be on a knife edge this time round.  Hilary seemed a big turn off for the voters last time so hopefully they choose someone more likeable.

13 minutes ago, Rodders said:

absolutely pathetic that approval ratings could go up, what an absolute garbage electorate, the thickest, standard-free, bigotry endorsing, racist, sexist, mysogynist endorsing, anti-fact, pro corruption set of bellends. Screw those millions of americans who support him. Reprehensible human detritus.

Rodders providing us with an extract from the cover letter of his application to become Emily Thornberry’s new public relations manager :D

• Haha 3

Well it appears it could well backfire, time after time the Democrats seem to read things wrong, it was Hilary last time and now the impeachment and they will probably botch the nominee again as well. Tulsi Gabbard again making a lot of sense with her recent comments. Was Trump guilty? Yes, but it was a pure partisan endeavour and that's how the public are seeing it.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I guess the Dems had to do something, however, given who controls the senate, it was always going to ultimately fail, so Trump will ultimately benefit.

And as usual, the Dems also kept missing easy wins, they got so wrapped up in all the little minor details that they seem to have missed that Trump stood on the white house lawn and said on live tv that both the Ukraine and China should investigate Biden. They should have been pushing that as a talking point at every single opportunity, yet they've dithered around for so long that too many will have forgotten about it.

They will balls up the nomination, no doubt about it.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

absolutely pathetic that approval ratings could go up, what an absolute garbage electorate in the US, the thickest, standard-free, bigotry endorsing, racist, sexist, mysogynist endorsing, anti-fact, pro corruption set of bellends. Screw those millions of americans who support him. Reprehensible human detritus.

Pretty much Hilary Clinton’s take before 2016, and she still doesn’t understand why Trump won. 

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This will empower Trump and his supporters. The democrats better get the nomination right.

Looking at the runners and riders I can’t pick out one who is likely to beat him. 

The Democrats failure to produce a stellar candidate after 3 years of Trumps shows they’re as intellectually bankrupt as the Republicans. 

• Like 1

Â