U.S. Politics

maqroll

On 19/01/2019 at 20:16, sne said:

Hitlerjugend out in force with their MAGA hats to mock and intimidate during the Indigenous Peoples March in Washington.

possibly not according to fuller stories emerging  

He cautioned against rushing to judgment based on the short time captured on the videos and encouraged people to watch longer clips available online, "as they show a much different story than is being portrayed by people with agendas," he said.

the longer video giving a bigger picture is on the CNN page

seems a few apologies have been dished out to the boys from congressmen etc who were also a bit quick to decry them  ... wonder if that extends to people who called them Hitlerjugend;)

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

seems a few apologies have been dished out to the boys from congressmen etc who were also a bit quick to decry them  ... wonder if that extends to people who called them Hitlerjugend;)

They were there for the March for Life

So no :)

Edited by sne

41 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I gave up at the headline. Diffusing my arse, he's trying to stare him out and not allow him to move

3 hours ago, a m ole said:

Let’s not judge these Covington Catholic kids from this video.

Let’s judge them from this one instead.

whoo back there a second  ... you've quoted me saying "not even remotely true" in relation to Bicks claim that the boy " is trying to stare him out and not allow him to move " .. video shows the man approach the boy(s)  whilst banging a drum in his face ... the vet himself even says in a TV interview " I put myself in front of them "  and then you come up with a video from 2012 as reasons we should judge the kid (s)

the internet , as it does , saw a video , leapt in head first condemned and judged every one , as it does  , without stopping to evaluate , as it does  .. subsequently a bigger picture emerges and instead of saying , hmm maybe I was a bit hasty there my bad  or even condemning the men shouting out hate and racist  comments at the kids (and other passers by I believe) ..there is silence from the same people or in your case  a video from 2012

Now I don't know this school , maybe it's a breeding ground for the KKK , but I wasn't discussing (or defending)  the school or debating North Korean style sins of the father  , I've only been commenting on this incident replying to the OP when the new video emerged  ... Another poster gave a repost  that they are anti abortion cockwombles so No they don't deserve an apology   ... I can accept that comment as more relevant than dragging up a  video from 2012 that probably doesn't even involve any of the same children

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Not even remotely defensible.

I'm not aware anyone has defended it ?

Edited by tonyh29

On 22/01/2019 at 10:16, tonyh29 said:

whoo back there a second  ... you've quoted me saying "not even remotely true" in relation to Bicks claim that the boy " is trying to stare him out and not allow him to move " .. video shows the man approach the boy(s)  whilst banging a drum in his face ... the vet himself even says in a TV interview " I put myself in front of them "  and then you come up with a video from 2012 as reasons we should judge the kid (s)

the internet , as it does , saw a video , leapt in head first condemned and judged every one , as it does  , without stopping to evaluate , as it does  .. subsequently a bigger picture emerges and instead of saying , hmm maybe I was a bit hasty there my bad  or even condemning the men shouting out hate and racist  comments at the kids (and other passers by I believe) ..there is silence from the same people or in your case  a video from 2012

Now I don't know this school , maybe it's a breeding ground for the KKK , but I wasn't discussing (or defending)  the school or debating North Korean style sins of the father  , I've only been commenting on this incident replying to the OP when the new video emerged  ... Another poster gave a repost  that they are anti abortion cockwombles so No they don't deserve an apology   ... I can accept that comment as more relevant than dragging up a  video from 2012 that probably doesn't even involve any of the same children

I'm not aware anyone has defended it ?

fair, i was only quoting you to continue the conversation

Â