U.S. Politics

maqroll

On 3/6/2017 at 05:07, StefanAVFC said:

You can't.

It's the cult of Trump. How do you engage or persuade cultists?

Oh, it's far worse than that. Not a cult any more. More like a budding theocracy ...

Pro-Trump "ministers" all over the country are whipping up parishioners into frenzies:

23 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't entirely agree, but I particularly don't understand what the connection is between that observation and Mr King's exhortation to outbreed other races. 

I thought you were being sarcastic (which I sort of agree with, too) about overstated liberal blame or something like that, but maybe I misread your post.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Trump's tax leak from 2005 is fun. It shows he paid a tiny percentage of tax, then was hit by an additional tax introduced decades ago to stop the wealthy taking the piss with avoidance, which raised the amount he paid to $35m on $150m (from about $6m originally iirc).

Guess which tax he would like to get rid of...

Also, worth watching John Oliver this week for more bewilderment at the 'greatest healthcare act' or whatever. Literally designed to favour the wealthy's wallets over the poor's well-being. Outright evil. It's so bad nobody likes it (people with a lick of sense/humanity because it literally trades lives for money for people who need it least, and the real bastards because it still takes too much from their pocket) and Trump doesn't want to be associated with it, a man that would attend the opening of an envelope of he got some applause, doesn't want to touch this bill...

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Trump's tax leak from 2005 is fun. It shows he paid a tiny percentage of tax, then was hit by an additional tax introduced decades ago to stop the wealthy taking the piss with avoidance, which raised the amount he paid to $35m on $150m (from about $6m originally iirc).

Guess which tax he would like to get rid of...

Also, worth watching John Oliver this week for more bewilderment at the 'greatest healthcare act' or whatever. Literally designed to favour the wealthy's wallets over the poor's well-being. Outright evil. It's so bad nobody likes it (people with a lick of sense/humanity because it literally trades lives for money for people who need it least, and the real bastards because it still takes too much from their pocket) and Trump doesn't want to be associated with it, a man that would attend the opening of an envelope of he got some applause, doesn't want to touch this bill...

This is the big game.

Let's mock the horrible Trump for not paying taxes, when that is what every wealthy individual in America tries to do **AND** what they spend the majority of their political capital on. The current tax laws are no accident and they are not solely due to the republicans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

It's trivial and silly compared to the outrageous things that come out of his mouth, but Sean Spicer can't even dress himself, he's wearing odd shoes :lol:

3500.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=6c0bb6f83d0457774013361cae2ec06c

Looks like Melissa Spicer was covered in glue and then swung by the legs around a second hand shop.

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's trivial and silly compared to the outrageous things that come out of his mouth, but Sean Spicer can't even dress himself, he's wearing odd shoes :lol:

3500.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=6c0bb6f83d0457774013361cae2ec06c

This will be the thing that gets him fired

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

C6-YwliU8AAvuVO?format=jpg

The resolution isn't good enough for me to tell, but I hope they have "falling wardobes" in there as a category of death, given that more people in the US die from furniture each year than from Islamic terrorists.

And of course "being shot by your own toddler, with your own gun" would be up there as well.

Â