U.S. Politics

maqroll

http://americablog.com/2017/03/newsmax-trump-met-russian-amb-kislyak-last-april-despite-denials.html

Contradicting repeated denials from Donald Trump and his team, Newsmax reported on May 14, 2016 that Trump met Russian Ambassador Kislyak at a VIP reception in Washington on April 27.

And while meeting the Russian ambassador is fine, why lie about it?

UPDATE: The Wall Street Journal of May 13, 2016 confirms Trump met with Kislyak. The Journal goes even farther and says Trump “warmly” greeted the Russian ambassador:

A few minutes before he made those remarks, Mr. Trump met at a VIP reception with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S., Sergey Ivanovich Kislyak. Mr. Trump warmly greeted Mr. Kislyak and three other foreign ambassadors who came to the reception.

Trump and his aides have repeatedly denied that anyone on Trump’s team, including Trump himself, had any contacts with Russian officials during the presidential campaign. Yet we continue to find out, drip by drip, that those denials were wrong.

But according to Newsmax, in an article titled “Putin ‘Pleased’ With Trump,” Kislyak didn’t simply attend Trump’s big foreign policy speech, the Russian ambassador also attended a VIP reception that day at which he met Trump.

Better source.

Edited by StefanAVFC

It's particularly funny when you realise the amount of planning behind it is slim. It was only a week ago they didn't actually have any clue at all how to 'improve' the situation. I don't think a few days changed that.

I like that the affordable healthcare act wasn't even in 2017, so it's excluded from the list of healthcare plans that this new one is greater than.

I'll tweet Trump and suggest it's changed to "World's Greatest Healthcare Plan Ever. Period. #TrumpRules #ObamaSucks"

Nobody would have complained about the muslim ban if it was named "World's Greatest Immigration Plan. #GetOutBrownFolk #Tremendous"

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

The official name for Trump's new Healthcare Plan is World's Greatest Healthcare Plan of 2017

:D

Honestly I had to go and check as it seemed like it had to be some sort of troll, but f me they really did call it that. It like a school kid in the play ground. 

Can we just go a week without Trump doing something that makes me despair. Please

Oh, lookie here, it's early-on-the-bandwagon Trump-supporting congressman Steve King of Iowa, with some very deep thoughts about demographics that he'd like to share with you:

Naturally, we can't call these people racists, and when you think about it, it's kind of all the fault of liberals for not taking seriously the Very Real Concerns of the 'white working classes'. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2017 at 23:36, TrentVilla said:

Enjoy, in between shaking your head and fearing of the world, obviously. 

"Thats right"

LOL that these two are now considered a good interview by the BBC

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

LOL that these two are now considered a good interview by the BBC

If your starting point is "how do we make America look even more stupid?" then those two are perfect.

17 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Oh, lookie here, it's early-on-the-bandwagon Trump-supporting congressman Steve King of Iowa, with some very deep thoughts about demographics that he'd like to share with you:

Naturally, we can't call these people racists, and when you think about it, it's kind of all the fault of liberals for not taking seriously the Very Real Concerns of the 'white working classes'. 

But in fairness, we liberals HAVE enjoyed a kind of devil''s deal with corporate interests for years -- standing atop a diseased economy of price-deflated goods and services while non-unionized, low-skilled laborers toil at 50-70-hour l weeks and we use, essentially, slave labor abroad to fuel it all. I don't know what it's like in Britain or elsewhere these days, but people do work really long hours in the US and their wages have been stagnant for decades. It's this context that's been the soil for Trump.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

But in fairness, we liberals HAVE enjoyed a kind of devil''s deal with corporate interests for years -- standing atop a diseased economy of price-deflated goods and services while non-unionized, low-skilled laborers toil at 50-70-hour l weeks and we use, essentially, slave labor abroad to fuel it all. I don't know what it's like in Britain or elsewhere these days, but people do work really long hours in the US and their wages have been stagnant for decades. It's this context that's been the soil for Trump.

I don't entirely agree, but I particularly don't understand what the connection is between that observation and Mr King's exhortation to outbreed other races. 

Â