U.S. Politics

maqroll

Looking at this and other Trump speeches, I notice that his hand gestures involve frequent circling of his thumb and forefinger, followed by holding up one forefinger.  I think this zero-one stuff is a series of signals in binary code, probably communicating with his alien controllers.  Bad!

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

What made this even worse was what he said to the widow in the address last night. 

He also brought people into his speech who's family died as a result of an illegal immigrant. He's setting up a new task force called voice which will focus on violence towards Americans by immigrants. Gross.

Longest applause ever. That doesnt bring her husband back you idiot.

He and his supporters are actually deflecting blame to Obama because he was the one who originally drafted the raid, completely ignoring that he ultimately didn't go through with it, and that Trump was the one who rubber stamped it (ironically because he was told Obama couldn't do it).

How did a good slice of America including its current commander in chief become such narcissistic borderline sociopathic manchildren? It's shocking.

17 minutes ago, peterms said:

Looking at this and other Trump speeches, I notice that his hand gestures involve frequent circling of his thumb and forefinger, followed by holding up one forefinger.  I think this zero-one stuff is a series of signals in binary code, probably communicating with his alien controllers.  Bad!

Thinking he could use binary is a bit of a stretch, he can hardly express himself in English. :P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Thinking he could use binary is a bit of a stretch, he can hardly express himself in English. :P 

That's a very good point.

I suppose I may have been subconsciously assuming he is in fact an android, better suited to dealing with machine code than the subtleties of language.

Perhaps he should be dissected, so we can find out?  It's the only way to be sure.

Sessions met with Russian envoy twice last year, encounters he later did not disclose

Then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) spoke twice last year with Russia’s ambassador to the United States, Justice Department officials said, encounters he did not disclose when asked about possible contacts between members of President Trump’s campaign and representatives of Moscow during Sessions’s confirmation hearing to become attorney general.

One of the meetings was a private conversation between Sessions and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak that took place in September in the senator’s office, at the height of what U.S. intelligence officials say was a Russian cyber campaign to upend the U.S. presidential race.

The previously undisclosed discussions could fuel new congressional calls for the appointment of a special counsel to investigate Russia’s alleged role in the 2016 presidential election. As attorney general, Sessions oversees the Justice Department and the FBI, which have been leading investigations into Russian meddling and any links to Trump’s associates. He has so far resisted calls to recuse himself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/sessions-spoke-twice-with-russian-ambassador-during-trumps-presidential-campaign-justice-officials-say/2017/03/01/77205eda-feac-11e6-99b4-9e613afeb09f_story.html?utm_term=.1d91efe9c169

uh oh

17 hours ago, villakram said:

Dow 21k #winning

draining the swamp iirc, by maximising the profit making opportunities of the already filthy rich. MAKE AMERICA GREAT ( for the tiniest of tiny plutocracies)

• Like 1

Sessions is going to have to step down. Finally some shrewd politics from the Dems for dropping this story the day after Trump's best showing. Now let's see if they can finish him off.

6 hours ago, Rodders said:

draining the swamp iirc, by maximising the profit making opportunities of the already filthy rich. MAKE AMERICA GREAT ( for the tiniest of tiny plutocracies)

trickle down to the moon!

7 minutes ago, peterms said:

US President explains the problem with spending on the military...

Rumours that Trumpton will be sent to you because they fear a rough ride with protests down here.

Are you going to take that? :P

Although in his first public remark, Trump, touring the aircraft carrier USS Gerald R Ford in Newport News, Virginia, said he had “total” confidence in Sessions and said his attorney general should not recuse himself from the FBI Russia investigation.

Asked if he knew Sessions spoke to the Russian ambassador, he said: “I wasn’t aware at all,” and asked if Sessions had testified truthfully to the Senate, the president said: “I think he probably did.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/02/jeff-sessions-calls-for-resignation-claims-lies-russia

Brilliant.  The dreaded vote of confidence.  Supporting Sessions' position of not recusing himself which was plainly untenable and has now been dropped.  Distancing himself from the situation by claiming lack of knowledge, to give himself an escape route.  Vacillating in his support with rhe use of the word "probably".

A 16 year old intern could tell Herr Drumpf all the ways in which he screwed up here, through his utter lack of political skills.

His underlings will see this and conclude that they too will be sold out when fhe situation requires it.  It's not an approach that engenders loyalty. It will cost him dearly, I'm glad to say.

Everything they accused the other side of doing, they did.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/03/02/mike-pence-private-email/98637782/

INDIANAPOLIS — Vice President Mike Pence routinely used a private email account to conduct public business as governor of Indiana, at times discussing sensitive matters and homeland security issues.

Emails released to The Indianapolis Star, part of the USA TODAY Network, in response to a public records request show Pence communicated via his personal AOL account with top advisers on topics ranging from security gates at the governor’s residence to the state’s response to terror attacks across the globe. In one email, Pence’s top state homeland security adviser relayed an update from the FBI regarding the arrests of several men on federal terror-related charges.

Cybersecurity experts say the emails raise concerns about whether such sensitive information was adequately protected from hackers, given that personal accounts like Pence's are typically less secure than government email accounts. In fact, Pence's personal account was hacked last summer.

On 01/03/2017 at 13:24, peterms said:

2chxsly.jpg

Â