U.S. Politics

maqroll

Prediction:

If they put armed guards in schools, one of those armed guards will go on a rampage and kill kids.

Imagine the multiple choice questions on the exam for that job..

You fear that a 12 year old in the school may be carrying a weapon. Do you:

a ) Shoot them in the face

b ) Brass up the whole corridor - just to be sure

c ) Throw a grenade

d ) Not take the job because the idea of shooting kids for a living makes you want to commit suicide

There's some chatter about Ben Affleck running to replace Kerry :blink:

Yeah I read about this a while ago and it actually made sense. He is well liked in Boston and is actually quite smart . It would be bad news for the GOP too IMO.

He's despised by a lot of people here too, actually. "Cambridge Liberal", and all that.

But you're right, he's not a dummy. He's well informed, and just as qualified as Ted Kennedy Jr. He also has millions of dollars and name recognition. I doubt he'll run this time around, but I wouldn't put it past him down the road.

Prediction:

If they put armed guards in schools, one of those armed guards will go on a rampage and kill kids.

Simple, then you put an armed guard guard in each school as well, to protect the kids from the armed guards.

I don't want to sound like a weirdo commie like Obama, but I think the state should pay for every child born into the great nation of America to have a gun. After the age of 10 it should be law that everyone MUST carry a gun at ALL times. If that happened no inocent Americans would ever be shot again.

One conservative commentator made one of the daftest suggestions I've ever heard in the wake of the school shooting. She suggested that kids be taught to run towards a gunman and try to overpower him.

Words fail me.

I think you are being overly critical without thinking it through mate, I mean it could work plus it is economical it would save on the cost of bullets.

No, doesn't work. Clearly the intention is to disarm him, and that interferes with his constitutional right to bear arms. Sorry.

Â