U.S. Politics

maqroll

I wonder if his age will count against him. I think Biden's age is a concern and he looks unpresidential now when speaking in public, I think the US voters might be a little put off voting for a man in his late seventies because of Biden and I think the other Republican nominees will definitely play on that. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wonder if his age will count against him. I think Biden's age is a concern and he looks unpresidential now when speaking in public, I think the US voters might be a little put off voting for a man in his late seventies because of Biden and I think the other Republican nominees will definitely play on that. 

The sad thing is though none of the other Republican candidates people have been saying may run, I'm not really all that enthused about them either.

The whole political arena if you will over here is ****.

3 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

The sad thing is though none of the other Republican candidates people have been saying may run, I'm not really all that enthused about them either.

The whole political arena if you will over here is ****.

It’s pretty much the same over here - (nearly) all politicians here are self serving, money grabbing bastards regardless of political persuasion 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

It’s pretty much the same over here - (nearly) all politicians here are self serving, money grabbing bastards regardless of political persuasion 

It's just messed up pal it really is. Politicians only job is to pass laws, bills, etc in order to help their citizens but yet all most give a **** about are what you alluded too. The sad thing is that I can see it getting worse before it gets better.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think age will be a problem for Trump or his supporters (though he'll be older than Biden was last election if I'm not mistaken).

What worries me is if Trump would die in the next 5 years (regardless of elections) of old age, heart failure or whatever cause there might be for an older man, his supporters will see this as a conspiracy.

People over a certain age shouldn't be participating in politics anymore. How old are Pelosi, Grassley, Feinstein,...? At a certain age, you should move to the background and use your experience to help the next generation.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Its a problem. Harris needs to take the baton and they need to be very clever in how they do it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The obvious problem is that Harris is really unpopular though.

Yeah. I kind of struggle to see her winning a general election at the top of the ticket. Dunno who they should run instead, though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Yeah. I kind of struggle to see her winning a general election at the top of the ticket. Dunno who they should run instead, though. 

My guess is that unless Biden becomes hugely unpopular in the next 2 years he will run unopposed on the Dem side in 2024. God knows what they do in 2028, hope that a charismatic governor can beat Harris I suppose.

It really is **** pathetic with how many politicians their are in this country and yet none of the ones being discussed impress me at all.

Hell I might as well put my name forth at this point.

Edited by Big Salad

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

My guess is that unless Biden becomes hugely unpopular in the next 2 years he will run unopposed on the Dem side in 2024. God knows what they do in 2028, hope that a charismatic governor can beat Harris I suppose.

Based on his more recent public appearances, I'd be very surprised if Biden is still in politics in two years, he doesn't look good. 

9 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

It really is **** pathetic with how many politicians their are in this country and yet none of the ones being discussed impress me at all.

Hell I might as well put my name forth at this point.

BIG SALAD 2024

• Thanks 1

Â