U.S. Politics

maqroll

2 hours ago, bickster said:

The Feds took along CNN to record the arrest for posterity :mrgreen:

I really don't understand why they are allowed to do stuff like this.

It's unnecessary, potentially corrupt (there's a long history of media bribing police for tipoffs here, and I assume it's the same in the US), and is designed to impart an impression of guilt, which crosses the line between enforcing the law and making a statement attributing guilt, which the justice system is supposed to distinguish.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Political powerhouse Hector Bellerin wades into the debate

To be fair, at least he's shining a light for a younger audience who might think Trump's behaviour is somehow cool or funny.

Better than Patrice Evra **** turkeys on Snapchat or whatever he gets up to.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

To be fair, at least he's shining a light for a younger audience who might think Trump's behaviour is somehow cool or funny.

Better than Patrice Evra **** turkeys on Snapchat or whatever he gets up to.

Well NASA just announced that the very very upper atmosphere is cooling and at it's lowest ever measured (i.e., in the satellite era) temperature (as expected in response to solar minimum), so therefore there is no global warming goes the blather from the usual sources. Just can't even make up how silly some of these people are, though a lot of the idiocy is quite deliberate.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

A border wall, paid for by Mexico, would have prevented all this.  These chaps wouldn't have felt the need to demonstrate their masculinity and defend the nation from the encroaching infidels.  Why, they'd be playing pool in soms bar and chatting shit, not killing people, if it wasn't for those damn liberals.

• Like 1

Be interesting to see where this National Enquirer/AMI vs Jeff Bezos/Washington Post blackmail story is going to pan out.

JEFF BEZOS

NAT'L ENQUIRER TRIED TO 'EXTORT' ME OVER RISQUE PHOTOSAnd, Here's My Proof

Jeff Bezos is sick of playing games with the National Enquirer -- he's released a series of letters it sent him, threatening to blackmail him over photos he and his lover sent each other.   

The Amazon honcho says the Enquirer's parent company American Media Inc. (AMI) is threatening to publish photos he exchanged with Lauren Sanchez if he doesn't shut down investigations into AMI's ties to President Trump and the Saudi government.

Remember, Bezos owns the Washington Post, which has been all over the Trump administration's Saudi ties since its journalist, Jamal Khashoggi, was murdered last year.

Bezos says he also hired a private investigator to find out how the Enquirer obtained his text messages to Sanchez ... which it published last month. He's now gone fully on the offensive by releasing AMI's letters, threatening to publish new explicit photos of Bezos and Sanchez, if he and WaPo don't back off.

As you can see in the emails, the Enquirer execs claim to have sexually explicit images sent between Jeff and Lauren ... including his naked bathroom selfie, several shirtless snaps of Jeff and sexually suggestive images of Lauren.

Bezos makes no bones about it ... calling it blackmail, but adding AMI miscalculated his reaction. He says he'd rather risk the public embarrassment than give in to the extortion attempt.

We reached out to AMI for comment ... no word back yet.

As we reported, the world's richest man is divorcing his wife, Mackenzie Bezos -- which he announced in January, the day before the Enquirer published its story about his relationship with Sanchez.

6:11 PM PT -- Ronan Farrow says AMI also attempted to blackmail him "and at least one other prominent journalist involved in breaking stories about the National Enquirer's arrangement with Trump." 

The Pulitzer Prize winner says he "fielded similar 'stop digging or we'll ruin you' blackmail efforts from AMI." He says he did not engage AMI on the topic

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/07/jeff-bezos-national-enquirer-extortion-threatening-publish-nudes/

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Be interesting to see where this National Enquirer/AMI vs Jeff Bezos/Washington Post blackmail story is going to pan out.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/07/jeff-bezos-national-enquirer-extortion-threatening-publish-nudes/

Especially as they can't break the law in the next three years or their immunity from prosecution deal under the Special Council's enquiry is invalidated. And as NI going after Bezos could again be interpreted as doing Trump's bidding in his "war" against Amazon / Washington Post i.e. Bezos (and again possibly obstruction of justice which even relates to the Kashoggi murder)... it's a whole can of worms they appear to want to open

I also heard that Trump had instructed the Postmaster General to double the postage on anything Amazon wanted posting. In any normal presidential cycle that news would be HUGE but it's just a footnote.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Especially as they can't break the law in the next three years or their immunity from prosecution deal under the Special Council's enquiry is invalidated. And as NI going after Bezos could again be interpreted as doing Trump's bidding in his "war" against Amazon / Washington Post i.e. Bezos (and again possibly obstruction of justice which even relates to the Kashoggi murder)... it's a whole can of worms they appear to want to open

I also heard that Trump had instructed the Postmaster General to double the postage on anything Amazon wanted posting. In any normal presidential cycle that news would be HUGE but it's just a footnote.

It's tough to have any sympathy with a Bazillionaire who was sending around dic pics... oh what a world 😂

Â