U.S. Politics

maqroll

The two previous posts prompt a comparison between Trump and Bush.

One is a corrupt, venal, narcissistic, disturbed, insecure, vengeful and thoroughly odious little man.

The other was a mass murderer on a vast scale, impervious to doubt or self-questioning, enthusiastically pursuing the narrow imperial interests of the US no matter what the cost in blood and lives, spawning a mini-dynasty with his intellectually challenged mini-me following in his evil tracks.

I'd rather have the demented idiot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, peterms said:

One is a corrupt, venal, narcissistic, disturbed, insecure, vengeful and thoroughly odious little man.

The other was a mass murderer on a vast scale, impervious to doubt or self-questioning, enthusiastically pursuing the narrow imperial interests of the US no matter what the cost in blood and lives, spawning a mini-dynasty with his intellectually challenged mini-me following in his evil tracks.

The only thing between them seems to be the mass murderer bit. We're only just nearing the end of the first quarter.

Edited by snowychap

2 hours ago, peterms said:

Give the idiot time. I am in no doubt that he could outdo even the Bush boys in the mass murdering stakes.

On 30/11/2018 at 12:24, mjmooney said:

We've been hearing this for nearly two years. I'm starting to think he's teflon. 

Mueller preparing endgame for Russia investigation

85c5ead0-f169-11e7-96ad-9999d8f2c09c_400_Isikoff_BWCD9A0819.jpg

WASHINGTON — Special counsel Robert Mueller’s prosecutors have told defense lawyers in recent weeks that they are “tying up loose ends” in their investigation, providing the clearest clues yet that the long-running probe into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election may be coming to its climax, potentially in the next few weeks, according to multiple sources close to the matter.

https://news.yahoo.com/mueller-preparing-end-game-russia-investigation-225720798.html

The press have reported that the investigation is reaching it's end game monthly for the last year.  They have been wrong every time and imo they are wrong again now, it is just a mechanism to get you to read the article.  There will be many more months of the soap before it gets all Perry Mason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villakram said:

This scandal is a long way from being just Trump... given those names known, how can any of this be surprising. Same as it ever was.

I'm just waiting for the day the extradition request arrives for Farage and Banks

4 hours ago, villakram said:

This scandal is a long way from being just Trump... given those names known, how can any of this be surprising. Same as it ever was.

The story says the plea deal was agreed years ago, ie when Trumpy Pumpy was no more than another corrupt grifter.

It's astonishing how the US penal system allows rich people (and banks) to pay money they stole from someone else, to escape the consequences of their criminal behaviour, when the system also locks up people for decades for trivial crimes, or else just shoots them on suspicion of being black: and yet there is no popular uprising against this.

I gather today is the anniversay of the murder of Fred Hampton, shot in his bed for the crime of providing pre-school breakfasts to black kids.

• Like 2

In surprising-not-surprising news, Trump seems to be managing to stay quiet about voter fraud in North Carolina's 9th district, despite his very serious and profound concerns about the sanctity of American democracy.

Basically, the Republican winner's campaign appear to have up to some outright voter fraud (of the 'possibly taking piles of absentee ballots that may have been fraudulently acquired while pretending to be electoral officials and just maybe tossing them in the garbage somewhere' variety in some cases) and the evidence is strong enough that the North Carolina Board of Elections hasn't certified the result. Given how much he bangs about voter fraud that actual political scientists repeatedly state barely exists you'd hope the media might press him for some form of comment at some point. 

• Like 1

Â