U.S. Politics

maqroll

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I don't know why I'm surprised that he doesn't understand the distinction between climate change and pollution.

He's still stuck on the warming part and it's bloody freezing now.... warming, what warming :bang:

Edited by villakram

78yr old Pelosi re-elected as House speaker.

76yr old McConnell continues as Senate leader.

The more things change the more the stay the same. At least we have wisdom and knowledge in positions of leadership...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villakram said:

At least we have wisdom and knowledge in positions of leadership... 

Sadly not.  You have only age and increasing infirmity, which are often assumed to be associated with wisdom and knowledge but mostly aren't, especially in these cases.  My sympathies.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, peterms said:

Sadly not.  You have only age and increasing infirmity, which are often assumed to be associated with wisdom and knowledge but mostly aren't, especially in these cases.  My sympathies.

zoooom... ;)

The 1%/elite genocide program continues unabated.

"Life expectancy gives us a snapshot of the nation's overall health and these sobering statistics are a wake-up call that we are losing too many Americans, too early and too often, to conditions that are preventable... Life expectancy in the US began dropping in 2015."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46389147

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, villakram said:

The 1%/elite genocide program continues unabated.

"Life expectancy gives us a snapshot of the nation's overall health and these sobering statistics are a wake-up call that we are losing too many Americans, too early and too often, to conditions that are preventable... Life expectancy in the US began dropping in 2015."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46389147

I read today - sorry I can't remember where, I'll try and find it if I can - that more Americans die every year from drug overdoses than died during the entirety of the Vietnam War. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bickster said:

I’ll wager without looking, that he pretends he’s a Christian too

A further bet would say an evangelical Christian, a group whose views seem contrary to what we are led to believe Christianity stands for.

White evangelical Protestants are the most likely religious group to say that the United States has no responsibility to open its borders to refugees, according to a recent poll.

The study, which was conducted by Pew, found that 68 percent of white evangelicals believed that the United States “does not have a responsibility” to house refugees, while just 25 percent believes that it does. This is higher than the American national average: 51 percent of Americans overall believe the United States does have a responsibility to allow in refugees, while just 43 percent believe it does not.

The perspective of white evangelical Protestants on the refugee crisis is particularly striking because it’s relatively unusual among Christian religious groups. For example, 43 percent of white mainline Protestants believe that America has a responsibility to house refugees, as do 50 percent of Catholics and 63 percent of black Protestants. The highest level of support from any group cited in the study was from those who identified as religiously unaffiliated, of whom a full 65 percent support American housing of refugees.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, maqroll said:

32 days until the Dems get subpoena power. It's all coming out. Trump is doomed.

We've been hearing this for nearly two years. I'm starting to think he's teflon. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We've been hearing this for nearly two years. I'm starting to think he's teflon. 

No chance of getting away with it and there never was IMO. 

We still have all the paedo stuff to come as well .

I can't wait until Nunes and Mitch the turtle are in the barrel.

14 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

No chance of getting away with it and there never was IMO. 

We still have all the paedo stuff to come as well .

I can't wait until Nunes and Mitch the turtle are in the barrel.

Wait what pedo stuff 😮

Â