U.S. Politics

maqroll

Bob Mueller is a lifelong Republican appointed by Bush

Rod Rosenstein is a lifelong Republican appointed by Trump

Jim Comey is a lifelong Republican appointed by Obama (I think?)

This narrative that everyone who opposes him is a Democrat is fairly amusing.

51 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Is something about to happen, do we think?

I imagine all of Trump's written answers were in tally with Manafort's story.  As soon as Mueller got those answers in writing Mueller blows up Manafort's deal due to his constant lies.

Mueller would have to have solid evidence that Manafort has lied which means Trump knows Mueller has him .

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

And why's Trumpet still going on about servers when his darling daughter has been up to the same tricks?

Brennan's twitter feed seems to be about 80% direct comments on what an arse Trump is.

5 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

And why's Trumpet still going on about servers when his darling daughter has been up to the same tricks?

John Brennan is a war mongering criminal scumbag.

Pot vs Kettle.

Enjoy siding/quoting the like of him.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Is quoting somebody siding with them?

are you allowed to disagree with everything John Brennan did or says whilst still agreeing with him here?

more black and white approach

His opinion is akin to that of a rapist (replace with other token scumbag character as you prefer) lecturing us about appropriate behavior for people in public or some such. Promoting the opinions of him and his ilk is half the reason why Trump gets away with what he does.

It's akin to the idiot Bush opining from time to time. 

Don't give these people any air. They are war criminal scumbags.  

1 hour ago, villakram said:

His opinion is akin to that of a rapist (replace with other token scumbag character as you prefer) lecturing us about appropriate behavior for people in public or some such. Promoting the opinions of him and his ilk is half the reason why Trump gets away with what he does.

Just pretend I said it instead of Brennan then, as I agree with it all . 

My biggest war crime is I that got caught smoking on guard duty once.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Sometimes the worst people give the best advice.

Agree with this sentiment for the most part though. They are full of s***. It's scary to think that Trump is being condemned by men who, as you say, are essentially war criminals.

Trump's attitude on the press perhaps the greatest threat to democracy in his lifetime according to McRaven?

Trump a reminder of corrupt authoritarian leaders before they were deposed according to Brennan?

These guys might as well be talking to a mirror. It's just rocks being thrown in glass houses. How about we trade some patriotism in for humanity and acknowledge that the like of Brennan and McRaven are not synonymous with integrity or decency and are leaders of some of the most underhanded organisations and activity that belong to this world.

The press would have you believe McRaven is a hero because he took out UBL. That Brennan is respectable and benevolent because he was director of the CIA and heavily involved in counter-terrorism. All that generality about fighting for freedom and fighting terror has people distracted from reality.

29 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Just pretend I said it instead of Brennan then, as I agree with it all . 

My biggest war crime is I that got caught smoking on guard duty once.

I agree with the notion that, as it is, the press is more of an enemy of the people than it is a friend. Doesn't mean Trump should be given a platform to air his attempts to manipulate perspectives to suit himself. He has a personal vendetta with the media and an agenda, he is less concerned with impartial reporting and access to relevant information.

Likewise, I think Brennan's scathing comments about Trump are true and have merit for the most part. How does that help anything though? Why should Brennan, of all people, be given the platform to air his views. As if they are even slightly unbiased or impartial. Another personal vendetta.

I agree with villakram, these people are not worth the attention they get.

• Like 3

I'm going to align myself with this view too. Of course it's true that Trump-skeptic Republicans can be right sometimes (the 'stopped clock' principle) but the thing about ragging on Donald Trump is that nearly everybody is doing it, so there's lots of scope for picking and choosing which voices we amplify. A short list of people with unkind things to say about Trump who have made significant negative contributions who we don't gain from amplifying would certainly include David Frum, Bill Kristol and, yes, John Brennan. 

• Like 2

Â