U.S. Politics

maqroll

9 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

As for the leader of the opposition being there speaking against Trump, that is even more rediculous than the stupid balloon, What does he think is likely to happen should he ever come to power.

Hi, London Calling can you help us out...

I seem to you remember standing in front of a large protest calling me a word removed

I presume Trump wont be asking May for any favours, then, given that he's been mugging her off in the press and recommending replacements whilst she's still in the job.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

But it's the left so everyone has to agree and you can do whatever you like, that's how it works isn't it?

Who is the 'you' in this sentence?

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Why are there not 50,000 people protesting in every city, marches in every town?

Because nobody gives a shit outside of the same rentamob people currently in london

What a load of old cock. It does support the comment I made in an earlier post about your initial reply, though.

Edited by snowychap

Out of interest does London have these kind of protests when the king of Saudi Arabia or the president of China visit the UK?

if they don’t then it goes to show the majority of people protesting  against Trump are just a bunch of media brainwashed muppets. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Out of interest does London have these kind of protests when the king of Saudi Arabia or the president of China visit the UK?

if they don’t then it goes to show the majority of people protesting  against Trump are just a bunch of media brainwashed muppets. 

Yes.

They don't get any media attention.

Or the reported numbers as a result.

2 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

The sentence you were mentioning

It was in the post I made. You then quoted it afterwards.

This one:

30 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

But it's the left so everyone has to agree and you can do whatever you like, that's how it works isn't it?

I'm confused - are you not seeing what I've posted? Or have you been on the pop? :D

3 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Yes.

They don't get any media attention.

Or the reported numbers as a result.

I know when the current Prime minister of India visited the Uk he got a Wembley stadium reception. 

Yet he was responsible for one of the biggest massacres in recent Indian history. I’m not saying protesting against Trump is wrong. I’m just questioning the ignorance of the protesters on what they decide to protest against. 

Guess apparently being racist and sexist in the western world is so much worse than being responsible for mass killings in the east. Who cares about them. It’s more fun to protest against Trump.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, snowychap said:

It was in the post I made. You then quoted it afterwards.

This one:

I'm confused - are you not seeing what I've posted? Or have you been on the pop? :D

Just tagging a question onto the end of your question.

I have now liked your initially quoted question. Hope that clears it up old chap.

No pop. :thumb:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know when the current Prime minister of India visited the Uk he got a Wembley stadium reception. 

Yet he was responsible for one of the biggest massacres in recent Indian history. I’m not saying protesting against Trump is wrong. I’m just questioning the ignorance of the protesters on what they decide to protest against. 

Guess apparently being racist and sexist in the western world is so much worse than being responsible for mass killings in the east. Who cares about them. It’s more fun to protest against Trump.

There's a fair point in here somewhere about the bias in our media to supporting or complaining about what the Americans are doing, but I think it's not right to blame this on racism, at least directly. Most British people would struggle to name a French politician or give you the name of an Irish political party either. 

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You're right about the dismissive attitude towards 'lesser' nations. Hasn't our relationship with India ever been thus?!

Hard to be able to judge the intelligence of the people there or their reasoning to be honest but I would tend to go with the answer that doesn't try and attribute any sort of group identity to those I have no information on.

That the press have made 4 days worth of 'NEWS' out of some people waving placards and not the actual state visit/NATO meeting etc is criminal. No mention of half the govt resigning this week. Just Strength and Unity.

We are so far down the creek it's not funny and it hasn't been funny for the last 20 years. Anything that makes people ask questions about their surroundings can only be a good thing imho.

Glad they didn't all get kettled and beaten and dragged into vans. That's what we normally do to protestors over here isn't it?

• Like 1

Â