U.S. Politics

maqroll

@Straggler You might find this article worth the read, and if you give it any credibility, in line with your fears about Trump.

@bickster Now, this would dive in to conspiracy territory.

" From 2003 to 2017, people from the former USSR made 86 all-cash purchases — a red flag of potential money laundering — of Trump properties, totaling $109 million. In 2010, the private-wealth division of Deutsche Bank also loaned him hundreds of millions of dollars during the same period it was laundering billions in Russian money. "

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/07/trump-putin-russia-collusion.html

Edited by A'Villan

4 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

@Straggler You might find this article worth the read, and if you give it any credibility, in line with your fears about Trump.

@bickster Now, this would dive in to conspiracy territory.

" From 2003 to 2017, people from the former USSR made 86 all-cash purchases — a red flag of potential money laundering — of Trump properties, totaling $109 million. In 2010, the private-wealth division of Deutsche Bank also loaned him hundreds of millions of dollars during the same period it was laundering billions in Russian money. "

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/07/trump-putin-russia-collusion.html

What will really bake your noodle is that the banker at DB giving Trump the money is the son of Justice Kennedy who just resigned from SCOTUS.

Supposedly Kennedy has been in contact with Trumps team for months and offered to resign if Trump nominated his former clerk...

Yes you guessed it, Kavanaugh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Strzok was destroying them with his responses so now they've stopped letting him answer their questions by saying they're statements.

It's disgusting to watch.

I'm not too fussed about Strzok as a person but he struck an important counter punch for the good guys with his forceful testimony. Gowdy was slumped in his chair like a wet noodle. Sadly though, there are social media threads tonight that are painting a completely different reality.

Just seen a Sky Poll which pretty much says half the country have no problem with Trump.

Ive never felt more alienated from my fellow man. Wish I could lock myself in a cellar until they all disappeared....

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Rosenstein presser at 11:45 am EST.....new indictments coming perhaps? Would this explain Trump's increased abrasiveness?

Nothing to do with Trump's abrasiveness. Trump is like this as part of a deliberate tactic to destabilise the EU

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

Nothing to do with Trump's abrasiveness. Trump is like this as part of a deliberate tactic to destabilise the EU

I think you give him too much credit.

He is more setting the stage for the US to compete with and/or acknowledge the EU for the economic behemoth that it is. The multi-polar world is upon us.

Yes, this would imply that one means to do this would be to destabilize the EU. I just don't think those dots get connected. Many ways to flog a dead horse though.

Edited by villakram

6 minutes ago, villakram said:

I think you give him too much credit.

He is more setting the stage for the US to compete with and/or acknowledge the EU for the economic behemoth that it is. The multi-polar world is upon us.

Yes, this would imply that one means to do this would be to destabilize the EU. I just don't think those dots get connected. Many ways to flog a dead horse though.

The puppetmaster he visits next joins the dots for him.

As for the rest...

Entity Population (2018) GDP (billion $ 2014)

E.U. 509,697,104 $ 18,527,116
U.S.A. 326,766,748 $ 17,348,075

Stop believing Trump, the US's GDP per head of population is already much higher than the EU's, this idea that the world is shitting on the US's economy and taking advantage of them is utter crap. Its a Trump line and is demonstrably untrue. He's doing Putin's bidding, Putin and Russia benefit from the dismantling of the EU more than the US.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Just seen a Sky Poll which pretty much says half the country have no problem with Trump.

Ive never felt more alienated from my fellow man. Wish I could lock myself in a cellar until they all disappeared....

I would say it is probably much higher than half that have no problem or simply do not care, The same 50-100,000 people that turn out for every single protest in no way whatsoever represent the majority

• Haha 1

Â