U.S. Politics

maqroll

Trump is so good at deflecting media attention. Story drops that Trump was taking taxed free money from his charity for decades to pay off other things which is extremely illegal, and we are talking about Comey and Hillary again. 

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Manafort is off to jail!

Manafort will choose jail everytime imo, personally I think he's more scared of the consequences of him betraying Putin and the Russian mob than he is of anything the US legal system can throw at him

He's the one person currently accused in this whole soap opera that is unflippable.

He won't get prosecuted until after Trump either, that's my other prediction

Trump blaming the Democrats for the separation of children from parents when it's absolutely nothing to do with them

• There is no law enforcing the separation as Trump suggests
  • The law they are using was made under the George W Bush administration

I'm also rather suspicious of the Melania Trump intervention, I don't think it's purpose is to embarrass her husband, it's purpose is to

• Back up his narrative about him caring and that it's the Democrats fault
  • Prove that she's still alive after she hasn't been seen in weeks and Trump is having to bat off questions about her.
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

Trump blaming the Democrats for the separation of children from parents when it's absolutely nothing to do with them

• There is no law enforcing the separation as Trump suggests
  • The law they are using was made under the George W Bush administration

like clockwork

All Dem senators (other than closet R Manchin) are supporting it. Not a single Republican is. Yet, it's Democrats who need to do more.

And for the gaslighting cherry on top.

Oh yeah, and there's a 3rd viewpoint from within the admin. Sessions/Miller, yes it's happening and yes we're proud of it.

Edited by StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

The USA in 2018

DumpsterFire2.jpg

My wife and I have had the conversation and we are looking at job opportunities in other countries.

It's sad but many things are just adding up to leaving. The treatment of women here is appalling. No Federally mandated maternity leave. The best you can hope is 8 weeks at 50% of the states average weekly wage. That is through an insurance program and employers are not required to pay anything.
Book your C-section for Friday so you can be at work by Monday.

And what is happening at the border is beyond the pale. I hope Stephen Miller is arrested and jailed for this in the future. The worst elements of the Police force and ICE have been emboldened to bully and devastate people's lives. I hope the predicted "blue wave" is going to happen in the midterms in November. 

I don't blame you in the least. This calamity is amazing in it's brazenness. They had to have expected a backlash. It seems like just another chunk of red meat for his racist base. Really lowest common denominator stuff from the USA. Yet again we blow a chance to lead with compassion and creativity. Instead we burn our friends and **** over the entire world. My mother says this is much worse than Nixon. This is easily the lowest point for the country since our civil war. I know I'm prone to hyperbole in this thread, but it can't be understated.

• Sad 1

The worst country in the world. I will never visit that place again until he is gone. How much are people there going to allow? Where is the **** line? 

I like to keep informed on what is happening but this whole situation is just too upsetting. Makes me think that being oblivious and not having a clue is just easier. As a father to 2 year old twins, it absolutely breaks my heart thinking of them in this situation. How anyone can support this is disgraceful, too many **** words removed that live in that country, whose hatred is being justified by the fact trump is president. 

Burn it down. 

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The worst country in the world. I will never visit that place again until he is gone. How much are people there going to allow? Where is the **** line? 

I like to keep informed on what is happening but this whole situation is just too upsetting. Makes me think that being oblivious and not having a clue is just easier. As a father to 2 year old twins, it absolutely breaks my heart thinking of them in this situation. How anyone can support this is disgraceful, too many **** words removed that live in that country, whose hatred is being justified by the fact trump is president. 

Burn it down. 

There is some bipartisan legislation being drawn up tonight to end this family separation practice and a huge march on Washington and other cities planned in about 10 days. It's safe to say this will be corrected soon. GOP Texas senators Cruz and Corbyn are calling for it. So it's all but over. But it doesn't fix the damage done, and that's what these Trump people need to feel. This whole episode is only going to stoke the flames of resistance in November. Massive own goal by Trump and the GOP.

27 minutes ago, maqroll said:

There is some bipartisan legislation being drawn up tonight to end this family separation practice and a huge march on Washington and other cities planned in about 10 days. It's safe to say this will be corrected soon. GOP Texas senators Cruz and Corbyn are calling for it. So it's all but over. But it doesn't fix the damage done, and that's what these Trump people need to feel. This whole episode is only going to stoke the flames of resistance in November. Massive own goal by Trump and the GOP.

I really hope so but I have little faith. I think this is the America a lot of his supporters wanted. And I think a lot of his supporters won't care about these things as long as Trump looks like he is winning in other areas. 

If this sort of thing doesn't get non voters and those undecided out to the polls then America is truly **** for the future. 

39 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I really hope so but I have little faith. I think this is the America a lot of his supporters wanted. And I think a lot of his supporters won't care about these things as long as Trump looks like he is winning in other areas. 

If this sort of thing doesn't get non voters and those undecided out to the polls then America is truly **** for the future. 

As absurd and annoying as it is, this country usually corrects itself after right wing extremism, but never in time to stop it's awful effects. We have to hope that Florida and Texas can be turned solidly blue in order to lock down seats and destroy them once and for all.

• Like 1

It is beyond me how people can accept this or even defend this (fox news). Trump has reached a new low, something he does about every month. It start to think what he’ll do to top this next month.

Tom Homan (acting Head of ICE) defending the ICE policies and refusing to answer questions on TV now.

So infuriating - JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION you absolute shmuck. Blaming the parents. 

He's trying to appear tough to impress Trump so he gets the job permanently - he also can barely string a sentence together.

Draining the swamp. Into the White House.

How's he going to afford a wall and Space Force and not collect much tax from the wealthy?

Space Force can guard the wall, possibly?

But of course in reality it’s another appalling development.

But entirely foreseeable. 

A strategy is being followed ( and not just in the USA) that has been followed many times before. I fear it’s going to work as well for Trump and his supporters as it has for every other despot in the past.

• Like 1

Â