U.S. Politics

maqroll

2 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

In my humble opinion,  whilst removing any of my pre -onceptions on the people involved.  Trump is,  in this world of optics and getting things done a **** genius.

To leave the G7 all crying and looking like what they are,  words removed,  then fly and do this is truly amazing.  The geezer is in his 70's ffs,  the barriers against this and still got it done.  

If Obaba had done the exact same,  totally differnet reaction I suspect on here and in the wider world.  

Will be a good entry in World History.

(I am not a fan of Trump but this is what it is)

Have you been smoking today? :D

• Haha 1

Seriously, never thought we would see Kim and Trump shaking hands. 

Truly is a crazy time in world politics. 

Edited by Xela

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

Seriously, never thought we would see Kim and Trump shaking hands. 

Truly is a crazy time in world politics. 

for a bit of context, Kim's dad met with Clinton and Kim's grandad met with Carter

problems persist

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

This is surely a good thing though, yes?  I'd like to know why this Kim Jong whatever he's called has suddenly decided to give up his nuclear programme, that's assuming it happens. 

It could be a bad thing, dependent on what it is agreed.

The nukes aren't going anywhere. The only reason this discussion had been had is because North Korea has proven they are a threat. The nukes give them the big stick to let them speak softly with their enemy. They'll be delighted with today.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

It could be a bad thing, dependent on what it is agreed.

The nukes aren't going anywhere. The only reason this discussion had been had is because North Korea has proven they are a threat. The nukes give them the big stick to let them speak softly with their enemy. They'll be delighted with today.

I'd agree it's not as it seems in terms of North Korea just saying ok. I can see why people are suspicious, I am too. Let's hope it's a good thing. 

4 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

In my humble opinion,  whilst removing any of my pre -onceptions on the people involved.  Trump is,  in this world of optics and getting things done a **** genius.

To leave the G7 all crying and looking like what they are,  words removed,  then fly and do this is truly amazing.  The geezer is in his 70's ffs,  the barriers against this and still got it done.  

If Obaba had done the exact same,  totally differnet reaction I suspect on here and in the wider world.  

Will be a good entry in World History.

(I am not a fan of Trump but this is what it is)

What we have at the moment is a US president ('leader of the free world') who has just called one of his closest allies weak and a cheat, thumbed his nose at an agreement with the other 5 members of the G7, introduced tariffs against those who would normally be viewed as allies and instead called for Russia (under the iron control of the autocrat Putin)  to be brought back in to the fold of the G7/8, talked in glowing terms about 'Chairman Kim' (the autocrat/dictator) having just met him for 60 seconds and hasn't exactly been uncomplimentary about Xi (another autocrat/dictator) even whilst not being pleased with the conduct of China.

It's a mess (just what Trump - and Bannan et al. want).

This 'disruptive' stuff is, at some point, going to seriously **** up and the people who suffer won't likely be the ones who've made shitloads of money because of and whilst the disruption has been going on.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

for a bit of context, Kim's dad met with Clinton and Kim's grandad met with Carter

problems persist

Bit of context but  Clinton wasn’t president in 2009 and Carter wasn’t president in 1994

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 3

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Bit of context but  Clinton wasn’t president in 2009 and Carter wasn’t president in 1994

yep agreed, just read the same thing

Trump the first sitting prez

• Like 1

Rod Rosenstein has opened an investigation into Nunes . This must mean that Mueller has them all pinned down. Michael Cohen said he expects to be arrested this week.

Meanwhile, Trump just played diplomatic miniature golf and his supporters love it. He has a head of steam going now. Hard to look away, but hard to watch.

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Rod Rosenstein has opened an investigation into Nunes . This must mean that Mueller has them all pinned down. Michael Cohen said he expects to be arrested this week.

Meanwhile, Trump just played diplomatic miniature golf and his supporters love it. He has a head of steam going now. Hard to look away, but hard to watch.

Watching this and Hand Maids Tale concurrently does not equate good mental health.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, snowychap said:

Anyway, back to the really important stuff:

A higher IQ individual might have known that it's actually  "too many shots to the head" 

• Like 1

Â