U.S. Politics

maqroll

Looks like the end game is nearing, Trumps rather obvious pals have cooked up, wait for it, a MEMO!!!! A memo of 'ALLEGATIONS' - that will nuke the Mueller probe. But they can't release it because the democrats (with no power to do so AT ALL) are holding it back. It's big, and its very very desperate - so expect something even bigger in the opposite direction shortly!

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Looks like the end game is nearing, Trumps rather obvious pals have cooked up, wait for it, a MEMO!!!! A memo of 'ALLEGATIONS' - that will nuke the Mueller probe. But they can't release it because the democrats (with no power to do so AT ALL) are holding it back. It's big, and its very very desperate - so expect something even bigger in the opposite direction shortly!

It's Shadow President Clinton holding it back.

• Like 1

How is this a witch hunt? Mueller already found a couple of Trump's staff were doing illegal business. That clearly shows some people in his organization were corrupt. Even if Trump is completely clean, it's still good to investigate the people around him to make sure they aren't abusing their positions to make a buck. 

If I was completely innocent, I'd welcome this investigation especially if it already yielded results showing me a couple of my trusted employees were doing illegal business behind my back. I just don't get it. How do people oppose this investigation? 

11 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

How do people oppose this investigation? 

Because...

1) the mid terms

2) with Trump in power, the important stuff of making the already very rich richer and doing shite all else is going to plan. Trump is pretty much a puppet as evidenced by the fact he can't stick to the script (See DACA meetings for that)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

How is this a witch hunt? Mueller already found a couple of Trump's staff were doing illegal business. That clearly shows some people in his organization were corrupt. Even if Trump is completely clean, it's still good to investigate the people around him to make sure they aren't abusing their positions to make a buck. 

If I was completely innocent, I'd welcome this investigation especially if it already yielded results showing me a couple of my trusted employees were doing illegal business behind my back. I just don't get it. How do people oppose this investigation? 

Because they fundamentally distrust 'the system' I'd wager.

Not only do Trump's hardcore believe he's innocent (or don't care/don't believe any issues are likely to be a big deal), most of them, when you boil things right down, I'd suggest, believe the investigation is less about finding wrong doing and more about kicking out a regime that they believe wants to change things in their favour.

They simply do not believe in the investigation.

It will take clear videotape of Putin rogering Trump whilst the Soviet anthem plays in the background and Trump joyfully crying out in detail how much he loves the treason Putin wants with choruses of '**** America' before his base will even shift a millimetre.

These people are not going to be won over by paper trails, dirty money or elicit messages. They will need a smoking gun, a clear and obvious one that is undeniable. Without that, it's a witch-hunt to get rid of someone the system doesn't want.

It's this kind of thing that has made me shift my position on Trump a little. I used to think that Trump's term would be so bad, and him being so obviously it off his depth, he'd not be re-elected.

I don't think so anymore, right now. I think he had a very good chance of 8 years at this moment. Because his base loves him. The things the rest of the world shake their head at, they adore. I listened to the latest Abe Lincoln's To Hat the other day, which re-ran the hosts radio show, with a call in section about Trumps shithole comments. The show is on Fox radio so you need to allocate for that, and he only had a few calls, but the host is no Trump fan at all. Even so, the calls supported Trump. They sounded like reasonable people. Some had issue with how he said things. But they agreed.

These people will keep him in power IMO, right now. 

But that's a long way away to be tested and I hope things change. Maybe he'll go to prison. Or be disgraced. Or die.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Because...

1) the mid terms

2) with Trump in power, the important stuff of making the already very rich richer and doing shite all else is going to plan. Trump is pretty much a puppet as evidenced by the fact he can't stick to the script (See DACA meetings for that)

I've kind of gotten that 2nd point when I saw Trump's opinion on an issue flip on live tv. Then he also flipped his opinion on twitter pretty recently. I think Trump is just letting all the senators do what they want as long as he can take credit. 

But still, I don't get why people don't want this investigation. I see regular people on twitter saying how this is a witch hunt and Trump is innocent. If he is innocent, then let the investigation run freely. 

11 hours ago, LondonLax said:

As Chindie says, his fans believe it is a rigged investigation designed to bring down their guy so in their mind there is no point in letting it run freely and in fact it should be actively opposed. 

Like the election that was rigged... until he won.

same as Brexit too I remember, that was rigged... until the people saying it was rigged won then it was legit.

Â