U.S. Politics

maqroll

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

Bannon subpoenaed. Hmmm, how truthful will he be

New supply of nappies to the WH please

During questioning by the House Intelligence Committee today he refused to answer many questions citing "executive privilege" from the time of the transition on. They had him there for 11 hours and he managed to really annoy everyone with his arrogant obstinance.

Steve Bannon told lawmakers investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election that the White House instructed him not to answer questions related to his tenure as a top White House adviser, prompting a rare subpoena to compel testimony, multiple congressional sources tell NBC News.

The former Breitbart executive and now-spurned Trump confidante spent more than 11 hours on Capitol Hill to testify before the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday, the first of three high-profile witnesses expected before the panel this week....

...But there was rare bipartisan agreement Tuesday. When Bannon told lawmakers he was willing to answer questions about his time in the White House but the Trump administration had instructed him not to, the committee issued a subpoena on the spot to compel him to cooperate.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/bannon-subpoenaed-house-committee-after-refusing-answer-questions-n838191

Edited by TheAuthority
Highlighting the last part of the quote
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

During questioning by the House Intelligence Committee today he refused to answer many questions citing "executive privilege" from the time of the transition on. They had him there for 11 hours and he managed to really annoy everyone with his arrogant obstinance.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/bannon-subpoenaed-house-committee-after-refusing-answer-questions-n838191

Didn't realise the HIC had subpoenaed him too. I only saw a story on Mueller. Thanks for posting 

• Thanks 1

Just now, peterms said:

Discussion of this concept of executive privilege in a thread starting here.

It's Trumps lawyer's MO. Confuse, obfuscate and confound.

Basically, they are lying bullshitters who will try anything to keep their paychecks coming. The world is ****. 

6 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

It's Trumps lawyer's MO. Confuse, obfuscate and confound.

Basically, they are lying bullshitters who will try anything to keep their paychecks coming. The world is ****. 

They are also not very good

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

They are also not very good

Fingers crossed.

It is just scary/sad/demoralizing that the supposed greatest democratic experiment in the history of civilization is reliant on the fact that Trump had to ask about 7 different law firms before he could find one to represent him. We are now hoping they are incompetent enough to be unable to defend him.

So Trump's medical reports him as 6'3, where years ago he was 6'2.

The difference is significant because it makes him not clinically obese.

How unique for someone to continue to grow into their 70s.  Unless his doctor has access to alternative facts, I suppose.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, peterms said:

How unique for someone to continue to grow into their 70s.  Unless his doctor has access to alternative facts, I suppose.

Trump's weave has more bounce, the bestest bounce ever

They lied about his height, they almost certainly lied about his weight, and the doctor said this :

I told the president that if he had a healthier diet over the last 20 years, he might live to be 200 years old ... But I would say the answer to your question is he has incredibly good genes and it’s just the way God made him

He ought to be struck off. 

I also enjoyed this :

The president’s overall health is excellent,” Jackson said. “He had great findings across the board but his cardiac health stood out. Hands down he is in the excellent range

This is how you do Fake News. 

41 minutes ago, peterms said:

There's no way he's 17 stone either :lol:

I know muscle weighs more than fat, but :lol:

Edited by StefanAVFC

The same man measured Obama and said he was 6'1".

ObamaTrump.jpg

Trump's height and weight is **** trivial, it doesn't matter, but it's just more evidence that every single statement that comes out of the White House is embellished or an outright fabrication. They lie about absolutely everything.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

There's no way he's 17 stone either :lol:

I know muscle weighs more than fat, but :lol:

Well, Bickster referred to his weave as an explanation for his height.  Perhaps it also accounts for the weight issue?  After all, a solid gold toupee must weigh a bit, and then there are probably metal rods in his neck to support the extra weight.

So on balance, I think we have to accept what President Trump and his doctor say.

• Haha 1

Â