U.S. Politics

maqroll

8 minutes ago, villianusa said:

I have reported the post for poster on poster, please continue, I know where the button is. Moderator, I ask you to watch for continue berating of people who don't agree with others. 

Sharky, because someone doesn't agree with you they must be dumb, yeah, great logic. I haven't seen anything to apologize for, if and when I do, then I'll be more than happy to. 

Trump has always said there would be a peaceful transaction, doesn't me he agrees with what is going on, and I don't either.  

The bombs are the thing that makes this more of a terror event. There was an intent to harm and use that threat to get their political goals. Arguably that was the undercurrent of it all but the bombs make it hard to ignore that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

45% of republicans supported their actions. That party is an absolute shit show of the very worst human beings. 

Thought i heard some commentator yesterday saying along the lines of "Trump IS the Republican Party now"  , the inference being he could well be their candidate for 2024 !!

Also happening today in the US.

Sörenstam has said to Swedish papers that it's still going through today as planned 🤪

Annika Sorenstam, Gary Player and Babe Didrikson Zaharias to receive Presidential Medal of Freedom

Annika Sorenstam, Gary Player and Babe Didrikson Zaharias will be awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom on Thursday from President Donald Trump.

It was announced in March that Sorenstam and Player would receive the honor, but the ceremony was delayed because of the coronavirus. Zaharias was newly announced this week. W.L. Pate Jr., president of the Babe Zaharias Foundation, is expected to accept the medal in honor of Zaharias, who died in 1956.

The three will join Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Charlie Sifford and Tiger Woods as the only golfers to receive the award.

The Presidential Medal of Freedom recognizes “an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors.” The Presidential Medal of Freedom and the Congressional Gold Medal are the nation’s highest civilian awards.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/annika-sorenstam-gary-player-and-babe-didrikson-zaharias-receive-presidential-medal-freedom

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Thought i heard some commentator yesterday saying along the lines of "Trump IS the Republican Party now"  , the inference being he could well be their candidate for 2024 !!

Good, that means the Republicans have zero chance of getting the White House any time soon.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Appears Jon Schaffer from Iced Earth might have been among the insurgents. Know he's a moron but still sad. 

I just read that and was coming on to see if anyone else had noticed it. 

To be fair, it is unsurprising, his political views are certainly that way inclined, just never formally gone off the deep end, until now. 

• Like 1

Â