U.S. Politics

maqroll

I think what fascinates me more than anything with US politics the older I get, is the entrenched political two party system where it's more important to disagree with each other than come to the right conclusions. It's just mind boggling. I can't get my head around it. 

I know we're sort of blessed with stability and a different political system in Scandinavia, but it's not like every single US citizen is an utter idiot, so why it never changes is a mystery. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, villakram said:

Whose driveway would you like to take a dump on?

The immediate, obvious answer is Jeremy Clarkson, but trying to remain on topic . . . maybe Megan McCain? The annoying thing is the whole media would immediately leap to claiming she was the victim of a terror attack or something, but the initial satisfaction would be hard to beat.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think what fascinates me more than anything with US politics the older I get, is the entrenched political two party system where it's more important to disagree with each other than come to the right conclusions. It's just mind boggling. I can't get my head around it. 

I know we're sort of blessed with stability and a different political system in Scandinavia, but it's not like every single US citizen is an utter idiot, so why it never changes is a mystery. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Memo to online liberals: I wouldn't have voted for them either, but it's a bad look to be talking about America's many large democratic deficits on the one hand, and then be cheering the Green Party candidate being kept off the ballot in Wisconsin due to a clerical error on the other.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The two party system in the US is to a large extent illusory - every four years the corporate structure that runs the nation selects candidates that they want to put in place to carry out their wishes/create enough of a distraction so that they can get on with it - loud and public partisan argument within that is helpful in creating the idea that there is a real debate going on on how to run the country as opposed to just a lot of name calling while they're both instructed to bake pretty much the same cake albeit with a different coloured icing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

It's an old cartoon about a suicidal duck who keeps diving head first into piles of solid metal.

Most of the shows are about how he adjusts to life as a paraplegic whilst trying to get his head right.

And what's the context relative to what I wrote? Still confused. 

Â