U.S. Politics

maqroll

Given the standard of Trump's nominees for various posts, its not really a surprise that they keep getting rejected.

On the NFL/Anthem stuff, a nice distraction for Trump from the fact Manafort is getting done for attempted witness tampering while on pre-trial release. Trumps sudden tweet about him at the weekend makes sense now...

4 minutes ago, villakram said:

Oh dear god, you are using Mitch McConnell as a source?! I wouldn't trust that bloke to sit the right way round on a toilet. He is one of the most disingenuous, hypocritical people on this subject you could possibly have picked. On the quoted subject alone the Trump administration have been historically incompetent at putting forward candidates, the backup has little to nothing to do with alleged democratic obstruction. Mitch is one of the very worst for blaming Democrats for the failings of his own party.

1 minute ago, Straggler said:

Oh dear god, you are using Mitch McConnell as a source?! I wouldn't trust that bloke to sit the right way round on a toilet. He is one of the most disingenuous, hypocritical people on this subject you could possibly have picked. On the quoted subject alone the Trump administration have been historically incompetent at putting forward candidates, the backup has little to nothing to do with alleged democratic obstruction. Mitch is one of the very worst for blaming Democrats for the failings of his own party.

Errr, he's not just a source. He's the man in charge and read later down on his twitter feed for further info. The man is a horrendous human. There are many however.

I'm not trying to pick a side here. There is no side. There is no red team vs blue team. The Dems are currently engaged in the same scorched earth tactics employed by the repubs and they are playing their own Benghazi card too. What a mess.

9 minutes ago, villakram said:

Errr, he's not just a source. He's the man in charge and read later down on his twitter feed for further info. The man is a horrendous human. There are many however.

I'm not trying to pick a side here. There is no side. There is no red team vs blue team. The Dems are currently engaged in the same scorched earth tactics employed by the repubs and they are playing their own Benghazi card too. What a mess.

Yep I know who Mitch is, it's why I don't trust him. And the Dems are not employing anything like the same tactics, there is no equivalence to be found here same for the Benghazi card, it is nothing like the same thing. Obama was no where near imperial in his use of power and has never attempted nor ever suggested the sort of constitution wrecking ideas that Trump has. You cannot normalise this administration by pretending it is more of the same red or blue. 

So do you agree that Trump should be able as he suggests to pardon himself?

Edited by Straggler
Poor English
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Yep I know who Mitch is, it's why I don't trust him. And the Dems are not employing anything like the same tactics, there is no equivalence to be found here same for the Benghazi card, it is nothing like the same thing. Obama was no where near imperial in his use of power and has never attempted nor ever suggested the sort of constitution wrecking ideas that Trump has. You cannot normalise this administration by pretending it is more of the same red or blue. 

So do you agree that Trump should be able as he suggests to pardon himself?

It would be all a bit of a nonsense were the president able to pardon himself, but the president has all sorts of rights that I don't like. This is quite similar to leaders in many other countries, e.g., U.K. The thing is, none of that matters.

As the law in the US is written, the president appears to have the legal authority to pardon him/herself, or at best there is some ambiguity in the interpretation of the law regarding this matter. 

What would he be pardoning himself from though?

Collusion - that appears to have gone away.

Obstruction - see above, of what and it is entirely in the Presidents authority to fire the FBI director.

Such a pity there isn't as much focus on the recent tax changes or the omnibus spending bill or education or healthcare etc. etc. etc.

Edited by villakram

24 minutes ago, villakram said:

It would be all a bit of a nonsense were the president able to pardon himself, but the president has all sorts of rights that I don't like. This is quite similar to leaders in many other countries, e.g., U.K. The thing is, none of that matters.

As the law in the US is written, the president appears to have the legal authority to pardon him/herself, or at best there is some ambiguity in the interpretation of the law regarding this matter. 

What would he be pardoning himself from though?

Collusion - that appears to have gone away.

Obstruction - see above, of what and it is entirely in the Presidents authority to fire the FBI director.

Such a pity there isn't as much focus on the recent tax changes or the omnibus spending bill or education or healthcare etc. etc. etc.

Oh sweet baby jeebus. Do you get your talking points from Fox news or direct Trumps Twitter feed? 

Collusion appears to have gone away may be one of the most ridiculous things I have read on Villa Talk. Ever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Straggler said:

Oh sweet baby jeebus. Do you get your talking points from Fox news or direct Trumps Twitter feed? 

Collusion appears to have gone away may be one of the most ridiculous things I have read on Villa Talk. Ever. 

I am honored ?

you cant make today up, cancels the eagles trip because half of them dont want to go, organises a ceremony for eagles fans to come and show patriotism in a massive ego stroking pissing contest, forgets the words to god bless america

quote from today 

The president “believes there is a significant overlap between football fans and his base and has told confidants that he believes his voters would enthusiastically take his side over football players whom Trump thinks have looked unpatriotic and greedy,”

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

you cant make today up, cancels the eagles trip because half of them dont want to go, organises a ceremony for eagles fans to come and show patriotism in a massive ego stroking pissing contest, forgets the words to god bless america

quote from today 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-philadelphia-eagles-god-bless-america-forgets-lyrics-super-bowl-video-watch-a8385221.html

President Donald Trump appeared unable to remember the words to “God Bless America” at his Celebration of America event, which he had staged after accusing American athletes of being unpatriotic.

50 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Day one at the G7 and Trump gets straight to his highest priority item: Doing Russia's bidding.

To be fair, the Germans and Italians have also been talking about similar, though whether they still hold that opinion after recent events is uncertain

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Hmm, well this seems totally above board and not at all suspicious in any way:

The treachery is all right in front of our eyes.

Â