U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

I can't find anyone advocating that.  Any politician, let alone a president, who has broken the law or has compromised the ethics of office should be punished accordingly.  Too many Trump advocates offset his misdemeanours by pointing out what his predecessors may have done.  One does not excuse or justify the other.  All of them should be held accountable.

As for not caring about democratic processes - I think that part of your post is nonsense.

I'm not a Trump supporter, I just don't like people going off on one before things are proven. None of these people batted an eyelid when Obama was tapping European leaders' phones. It's just a bit comical really that people can't be more objective.

8 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I can't find anyone advocating that.  Any politician, let alone a president, who has broken the law or has compromised the ethics of office should be punished accordingly.  Too many Trump advocates offset his misdemeanours by pointing out what his predecessors may have done.  One does not excuse or justify the other.  All of them should be held accountable.

As for not caring about democratic processes - I think that part of your post is nonsense.

I think you've been too kind.

The moment Air Force One went wheels up for Trump's first international trip, the New York Times released this new report of the leader of the free world's very Presidential words during the meeting with the Russians.

Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

WASHINGTON — President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/trump-russia-comey.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=span-ab-top-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

There's another story that just came out as well - the FBI investigation has identified a person of interest described as a senior White House advisor close to the President.

Just good timing on those stories since they came out as Air Force 1 took off?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The death penalty is still the punishment for treason in America, right? 

Don't they go to Texas?

An ill fitting Stetson can see you in the chair.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

There's another story that just came out as well - the FBI investigation has identified a person of interest described as a senior White House advisor close to the President.

Just good timing on those stories since they came out as Air Force 1 took off?

There's a political war underway in Washington, as pretty much always has been, e.g., Fox would do this all the time with Obama, they were/are just easy to ignore.

One must note that both of those newspapers have a clearly defined agenda, so their stories backed up not just by an anonymous source, but a senior anonymous source must be interpreted with this in mind.

Were this a tinpot dictatorship, the chance of a coup would be very high right now :ph34r:

Edited by villakram

Chatted with some journalists this week. They'd heard that Obama and Dubya had been briefed to be ready for a joint address to the nation.

If it were true? It's not really that much of a revelation. It's common sense at this stage.

I'm concerned that the 'rednecks' will rise up and start shooting from more than just their mouths, if/when, Trump is impeached.

I'll be honest, I am a bit behind on it all. Those up to date, you think it likely?

We need some kind of proof to believe all this, that is all most people without a pitchfork in their hand are trying to say. "Anonymous senior adviser" could be the journalist's cat, Fox News have done this sort of thing for years. It is starting to mass up for Donald tho, that's for sure. I'm not sure I would bother with all the pressure when he's had a cushy life since he was a kid. 

Maybe the "senior white house adviser" is Pence trying to become president? 

tenor.gif

Game of Thrones, White House style.

Edited by magnkarl

29 minutes ago, Xann said:

Chatted with some journalists this week. They'd heard that Obama and Dubya had been briefed to be ready for a joint address to the nation.

If it were true? It's not really that much of a revelation. It's common sense at this stage.

Order of succession:

• The Vice President - Well Pence is implicated
  • Speaker of the House - Ryan has made some dubious comments relating to what he knew and when, so no.
  • President pro tempore of the Senate1 - Turtle Head McConnell - no thanks
  • Secretary of State - Rex Tillerson - Worked his whole life for the oil industry until about 100 days ago.
  • Secretary of the Treasury - Mnuchin - possibly linked to Russia and a stupid name
  • Secretary of Defense - Mad Dog Mattis - says it all really
  • Attorney General - Jeff Sessions - Good Lord NO!
  • Secretary of the Interior  - 

Basically the person who looks after all the national parks is the only viable option to be President, if Trump is impeached.

With all that being said, it means there's only one man for the job...

6360103332924270401274957217_Ron.jpg

Ladies & Gentlemen, I give you President Swanson.

• Like 1

Â