Weekends football 22/23 December

andykeenan

BBC are creaming themselves over Downing's assist. Not seen it, what did he do?

It was a nice reverse pass to Gerrard. The BBC are exaggerating as usual.

The little I've seen of this match, Berbatov is a liability. Strolling around without a care in the world.

BBC are creaming themselves over Downing's assist. Not seen it, what did he do?

It was a brilliant pass. He opened a tight central defence for Gerrard with a great forward pass nobody expected.

His goal was also good, a typical Downing goal when he was at Villa.

• Like 1

His reaction to bosingwa refusing to sit on the bench

"I've had to fine one player who earns more than anyone did at tottenham" then names bosingwa

Interviewer "how will you deal with him?"

Saggy chops "you'll see in January"

Of course the media will salute him for saying this. That is what the media wants and needs: Manager's dishing it out and making interesting news.

He is also extremely right regarding the wages and quality of the players. Boswinga on 65k a week! What a joke.

How many more sides will stoke bore to tears before they are thrown out for taking the piss. It actually is robbery of spectators money. Pointless side.

Things will only start to go tits up when the defense is broken up by clubs signing huth and shawcross. Can't deny stoke are an exellent defensive unit, I have the felling it was ultimately what mcleish was trying to build here.

Things will only start to go tits up when the defense is broken up by clubs signing huth and shawcross. Can't deny stoke are an exellent defensive unit, I have the felling it was ultimately what mcleish was trying to build here.

Indeed. Sends a shiver down the spine.

I really do hate Stoke though. Every game without fail they will park the bus for a 0-0 draw away and then park the bus for a 1-0 win or 0-0 draw at home. Dreadful, thuggish team.

Â