Where do you think we will finish?

VillaCas

First and foremost ensuring we stay in this league is paramount. Anything beyond that and I'd be utterly delighted.

January is key for us as I expect the teams around us to invest in January. We need about 3 solid players of quality to help us with PL's rotation style.

Yes, yes but based solely on what you know now and what you foresee happening, make a prediction

based solely on what you know now and what you foresee happening,make a prediction

Eh? That doesnt make sense.

I've predicted we will struggle to survive if the squad stays as it is. 17th.

I've predicted we will finish top half if Lambert is backed by Lerner in January. 10th.

Eh? That doesnt make sense.

I've predicted we will struggle to survive if the squad stays as it is. 17th.

I've predicted we will finish top half if Lambert is backed by Lerner in January. 10th.

Makes sense to me - give a prediction of where you think we will finish at the end of the season.

My prediction of 11th is based on what I've seen so far and also on the fact that I think Lambert will be allowed to buy two or three in the window.

If by the close of the window we have signed no-one then I might decide later to revise my prediction down, if we sign Messi, Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic (as squad players obviously) i might decide to revise my prediction up. My guess of 11th is based on what I think will happen as we sit here today

I'll go for 12th.

It's usually around Christmas time the table starts taking shape, but it seems anything's possible for us at the moment, I wouldn't be totally surprised with anything between 7th and relegation.

I'd take 17th to win the cup though to be honest.

if we sell him without replacing him it'll make absolutely no difference to anything given that he's not been playing, and when he has he's not been doing much.

At some stage bar injury, Benteke will need resting. If we sell Bent and don't replace him, who is going to play the loan frontman role Lambert prefers? Gabby? Didn't step up last season when Bent was injured. Weimann? Not really a target man.

Bent hasn't been doing much due to how the team has been presently set up and also being stripped of the captaincy while Bowery being preferred on the bench hasn't helped either.

Judging on how we've played all season, and the form we have hit in regards to being unbeaten, I think it is very strange to predict relegation based on Bent (of all players) leaving. Based on the season so far it seems that Lambert has already replaced Bent, as our main striker or attacking target, with Benteke - albeit a striker who plays very differently, but a replacement nonetheless based on how Lambert sets us out to play. I agree we still need to bring more talent into the squad, but any chance of relegation will clearly have nothing to do with Darren Bent.

As stated above Bar an unfortunate injury Benteke will need resting. Gabby is not prolific enough and Weimann isn't a target man.

There would be too much reliance on Benteke and if his purple patch stops?

I still feel we also need to strengthen in other areas hence my comment on bringing in the right players.

A lot depends on how the transfer window pans out of course, but given what you've seen so far where do you think we will finish this season?

It might be interesting to come back and look at our predictions as the season progresses

Try to plump for a single position rather than "somewhere between x and y"

For myself I'm hoping for better but predicting an 11th place finish

8th - Daweii, Claret75

9th - AVFCforever1991

10th -

11th - VillaCas, Maqroll, 8Pints, Philospher, MMFy, Rodders, BraveHeartVillian, Chappy

12th - Adz.Villa, DieHardVillian, Mantis, VillaKevBromsgrove, Raver50032

13th - KJParton, Lexicon, TrentVilla, Brumerican, Ghost

14th - Samjp26, PB, Stevo985

15th - Jimzk5, Woody1000

16th - Jim, SNE

17th -

----------------------------------------------------------

18th -

19th -

20th - PieFace

Where people have given a range as a prediction, I've taken a middle position, erring on the side of optimism - if anyone is unhappy let me know

True to form, a few people like to remain mysterious and enigmatic with their predictions but i will add them if they are able to be a little more specific

11th - 13th is where the smart money is at the moment!!

Yes, yes but based solely on what you know now and what you foresee happening, make a prediction

based solely on what you know now and what you foresee happening,make a prediction

You've asked me the same question several times and I've given you the same answer. For me it depends on what happens in January.

At some stage bar injury, Benteke will need resting. If we sell Bent and don't replace him, who is going to play the loan frontman role Lambert prefers? Gabby? Didn't step up last season when Bent was injured. Weimann? Not really a target man.

I still feel we also need to strengthen in other areas hence my comment on bringing in the right players.

I think we are over reliant on Benteke and I do think that Bent should and will go. It would be nice to keep him but the money and wages could be better spent elsewhere I feel.

It will be interesting to see what PL does about that in the window. He has a few options

- buy another striker good enough to play alongside Benteke (or "in the hole")

- buy a second string striker to sit on the bench (don't think he will do this)

- spend money elsewhere and work with Gabby, Weimann and Bowery (plus whatever he brings in eg attacking MF-Ashley Young type player

Of these I beleive it will be the last option

I know it's only been the last two games but we seem to have found our scoring touch, with the back line looking very solid and Vlarr to come back, things are definitely on the up with some good signings and nice looking fixtures in Jan we could do well, 9/2 for a top half finish is good value.

Bent hasn't been doing much due to how the team has been presently set up and also being stripped of the captaincy while Bowery being preferred on the bench hasn't helped either.

As stated above Bar an unfortunate injury Benteke will need resting. Gabby is not prolific enough and Weimann isn't a target man.

Two words, Jordan & Bowery

Â