Jack Wilshere

sir_gary_cahill

How is he not on that level, he carries arsenal and on the rare occasion that he's played for England he has looked top drawer

Doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as them. He's not even as good as Fabregas, let alone Xavi and Iniesta.

Plus he's a **** prick.

Christ.

Xavi and Iniesta are amongst the top ten players in the world, though I do believe Iniesta is overrated to some degree (as in he's not in the top 5 or so) comparing Wilshire to them at this stage is absolutely ridiculous. Yes he makes Arsenal tick, when he's fit which is rare, but it's worth baring in mind this is a very poor Arsenal side in comparison to those past. Which were never up there with the current Barcelona set up, nowhere near. Invincibles or not.

He could in my opinion, potentially, go on to be as good as Fabregas perhaps. That's not entirely unrealistic and would be fantastic news for England.

I remember watching Wilshere against Barca picking the ball up just outside the edge of his own box and turning quickly just before a couple of their pressing attackers got to him, meaning he could break through and carry the ball forward into space to set up Arsenal attacks. It showed a bit more nerve and ability than any other English midfielder I've seen and he was only a teenager then. He probably won't be up there with Xavi and Iniesta but he is going to be top class, assuming his injury problems are over.

Xavi and Iniesta are amongst the top ten players in the world, though I do believe Iniesta is overrated to some degree (as in he's not in the top 5 or so)

A bit OT, but I do agree here. Xavi is top 5. I really don't think Iniesta is and I honestly might not put him in the top 10. Massively overrated (in the sense that I in no way see him as top 3/4 in the World).

Iniesta overrated? Jesus Christ! You guys are entitled to your opinion I suppose, but Iniesta is absolutely amazing. Pretty much every time I watch him play football he does something that looks absolutely impossible. His close control, awareness and technique are phenomenal.

I don't think many would argue that Xavi and Iniesta aren't the best midfielders of their generation. To say that Wilshere is already on their level is crazy.

This. He is a good player but not Barca standard. Neither is Gareth Bale, despite playing a blinder against Real a couple of years ago...

Doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as them. He's not even as good as Fabregas, let alone Xavi and Iniesta.

Plus he's a **** prick.

Why is he a prick? Always seems to come across well to me, plus he is very complimentary towards one if ours!!

Â