The League Cup

samjp26

i am sure 1994 final was prince williams first game and the sole reason he supports villa is thanks to that win, great game although when they scored i started to think " here we go", the penalty to finish them off was a great moment.

That isn't true. It might have been his first game, I don't know, but he was a Villa fan before then due to one of his teachers apparently.

I watched the Tanmere Semi on my very poor picture quality portable (no TV license either then - big risk) while at Uni. A real nail biter of the highest order and the atmosphere came across very well on the TV.

The 1994 final I watched with my family back home, and with a United supporting friend of my brother's - I was so nervous for us during that game. We were in poor form at the time and we were playing the favourites for the treble and all the jazz that goes with them etc. I didn't really feel relaxed until Kanchelskis got sent off and we scored the penalty - that was THE moment. Atkinson's goal was surreal - I couldn't believe it...

I was at the 1996 final (that cup run made me go £5 overdrawn in my final year at Uni as I attended all Villa Park matches in that competition) - almost the perfect Wembley performance. I saw Savo's shot and knew it was in when it left his foot - I had a lovely view of it. I was so pleased for Taylor when he netted - one of my favourite Villa moments. Roy of the Rovers stuff etc. The icing was Yorke's goal, I used to love my Yorkie Bar. I will never forgive that smarmy, smug little bastard for his goal celebration at the Holte End when he returned in the FA Cup while playing for Blackburn. On the train home from Wembley (out of St Pancras as I was going back to Uni with my mates), I heard people singing 'Super Tom.' I thought it was Villa fans singing about Tommy Johnson, but instead, as I was joining in, I realised it was Leeds fans sining about porky-boy Thomas Brolin. I was lucky to get away with my teeth to be honest, though I did get quite a lot of spittle all down me. The one reason I was truly glad to see Leeds slide to League 1. I like Leeds, it's the fans that are poisonous.

I was at the Blackburn semi second leg in 2010 - party football. The final was great up until that 'Dowd' moment - I knew then, even going a goal ahead with that penalty that we were probably going to get fingered. But at least we were in the final... and we only lost to United. It wasn't a brilliant game and the day out will last longer in my memory than the match.

I dont want to get my hopes up too much. Chelsea, Leeds and Swansea have the ability to beat us over two games and I wouldn't want to underestimate Bradford. Not that im pessimistic, think this is our best chance of a trophy in years, and surely after drawing Man City and Norwich (considering Lamberts history with them) away we've had some hard games, surely we deserve to draw Bradford?

I was lucky enough to go to the 96 final with my dad, was a brilliant experience and great to say I went to the old Wembley. I reckon we have a good chance at this depending on how tonight goes, would love Leeds in the final :D

Dear God,

I don't like you, and I'm pretty sure you don't like me. In fact, I'm almost certain you don't as I don't even think you exist for starters, let alone the fact that I'd think you the grandest of all douchebags if you did. Anyways, if you are up there, please please please please can we win the League Cup this season? Be honest with yourself, it's the least we deserve. As a token of gratitude, I am willing to make a conscious effort to be a better person. For starters, no more farting when my girlfriend comes to bed. In fact, I'm willing to forgo comedy-based or victim-specific flatulence entirely (and if you are indeed omnipotent you'll know that's a pretty huge offer from myself). I'll stop trying to kick the neighbour's cat's face off when I catch it mid-shit in my garden. I'll try my darndest to get on with my sister, even though you and I both know what a gigantic moron she can be. I'll stop abusing my ginger work colleague just because he annoys me, and I promise to spend at least 50% of the time I'm at work doing work. I won't turn on the Xbox on the second I come home. I'll stop shouting obscenities at it, even when it's totally **** me off. I'll stop hogging the remote. I'll bathe at least once a week, as opposed to quarterly. I'll stop scratching my arse in front of my girlfriend, then trying to convince her it's affectionate because I'm "so comfortable around you".

I vow to do all these and more if you can see you're way to getting us that cup. Please. I beg you.

Yours in desperation,

Gareth

• Like 3

We're owed a solid by God in fairness, for being mugged in the 2010 final and then having to watch that club fluke it the next season with a load of shit teams at home. And it would be amazing to see Petrov lift the cup. So please can we win it. We've done it the hard way..

Dear God,

I don't like you, and I'm pretty sure you don't like me. In fact, I'm almost certain you don't as I don't even think you exist for starters, let alone the fact that I'd think you the grandest of all douchebags if you did. Anyways, if you are up there, please please please please can we win the League Cup this season? Be honest with yourself, it's the least we deserve. As a token of gratitude, I am willing to make a conscious effort to be a better person. For starters, no more farting when my girlfriend comes to bed. In fact, I'm willing to forgo comedy-based or victim-specific flatulence entirely (and if you are indeed omnipotent you'll know that's a pretty huge offer from myself). I'll stop trying to kick the neighbour's cat's face off when I catch it mid-shit in my garden. I'll try my darndest to get on with my sister, even though you and I both know what a gigantic moron she can be. I'll stop abusing my ginger work colleague just because he annoys me, and I promise to spend at least 50% of the time I'm at work doing work. I won't turn on the Xbox on the second I come home. I'll stop shouting obscenities at it, even when it's totally **** me off. I'll stop hogging the remote. I'll bathe at least once a week, as opposed to quarterly. I'll stop scratching my arse in front of my girlfriend, then trying to convince her it's affectionate because I'm "so comfortable around you".

I vow to do all these and more if you can see you're way to getting us that cup. Please. I beg you.

Yours in desperation,

Gareth

That's a lot of sacrifice Gareth.

Are you sure it's worth it mate?