3-5-2

VillaForever1970

When we played 3-5-2 under Brian Little we won the League Cup, were in the semi finals of the FA and finished fourth. The next season we changed the system to accommodate Collymore and everthing went tits up.

3-5-2 suits us because we do not have wide men who are good enough to make 4-4-2 effective. I would keep it as long as we are getting good results, but have confidence that Lambert will change the system if and when the need arises.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do formation always need to be symmetrical?

Play Lowton as a wingback, with the back Three of Vlaar, Clark and Baker. So traditional back four if needed.

Westwood and Herd in Middle, (herd for his hight, weight and heart) Then N'Zog on left, Ireland in Hole.

I just have a feeling N'Zog is going to turn up.... But could be Holman.

Simple, but could work.

i don't think playing with 1 striker will work for us so i am glad to have 2 up front, but i dont think 5 at the back is a good option. with so many defenders playing our poor midfield gets completely overrun even more and then we have to sit too far back and hope that we get in a block or good save whilst the opposition pepper our goal for a good 70 minutes. it can work against some teams and on a good day, but i don't think it is something that should be played too often.

im not too fussed how we attack, but imo, 4 defenders is best, being 2 CBs and 2 FBs, meaning we could attack as a 4-2 or a 3-3, using 2 strikers out wide as effective wingers

lowton - vlaar - new CB - new LB

Why do formation always need to be symmetrical?

Play Lowton as a wingback, with the back Three of Vlaar, Clark and Baker. So traditional back four if needed.

Westwood and Herd in Middle, (herd for his hight, weight and heart) Then N'Zog on left, Ireland in Hole.

I just have a feeling N'Zog is going to turn up.... But could be Holman.

Simple, but could work.

_______Vlaar - Clark - Baker

Lowton

________Westwood - Herd

_____________Ireland______NZogbia

this oozes weakness on our left side, especially considering NZog hates playing on the left

any opposing decent right winger like valencia, nani, young (who ever they play there) will destroy us with no restriction

Edited by AndyBM

Â