• Herd
    • Holman
    • Bannan
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Delph (for Holman 69)
    • El Ahmadi (for Bannan 85)
    • N'Zogbia (for Weimann 90)

thought bannan was excellent. tracked back, made tackles and started most of our attacks (including the weimann goal) with some good play and passing. guzan very commanding at the back again.

i'd like to see us keep the ball better in future though, take some of the pressure off the defence. i'm pretty sure they dont want to be under pressure like that every game!

great win

After seeing Villa again, I'm going to up my prediction.

We are going to win this game upward of 4-0. I suspect 5-0, although 6-0 wouldn't be an unreasonable prediction. Villa are easily the worst side that I've ever seen in the top flight in decades. They are abysmal all over the pitch. No cohesion, no belief, no guts, no ability, no desire.

This, my friends, is going to be an absolute battering come the weekend. Villa are going to get absolutely pounded into the floor.

This will be the easiest game that Brendan Rodgers will ever have for this club.

• Like 2

Benteke was my MOTM the guy scored two and assisted in the other what a great game he had, without him we wouldn't have won as he was the turning point.

The rest of the team played exceptionally with Baker, Herd and Clark all doing a stellar job at the back. I feared for Lichaj at the start as he looked like a deer in headlights but he grew into the game and Lowton just strolled through the game he wasn't phased by the opposition.

I am very happy with Westwood and Bannan in the center, while Holman is just doing what Holman does, I can't pin point what Holman actually does as on face value he's running around like a headless chicken but it's working so I hope he carries on.

Overall I am just so happy to be sat at the end of a League game talking about a great performance and a great result. All to often we have a great performance and a terrible result, but tonight it worked and I hope we go to Chelsea and batter them as well. Great game and Villa can finally start looking up the table and play with a little less apprehension, we are slowly but surely getting ourselves safe.

Those who slated Benteke in the early going I hope have fully repented for their sins. Yeah, Baker and Lowton defended great, but Benteke is the clear MOTM. When was the last time you saw some from Villa properly execute such an amazing backheel. What flair.

Â