• Herd
    • Holman
    • Bannan
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Delph (for Holman 69)
    • El Ahmadi (for Bannan 85)
    • N'Zogbia (for Weimann 90)

2nd goal. World class. Nope don't care how over the top that sounds, it was. Our last 7 goals, all this week, well 8 if we go back week before and include Holman's, have been top class.

Holman v QPR, long range, BANG

Holman v Norwich, flicked header, BANG

Weimann v Norwich, Lichaj cross, clever Benteke dummy, tucked away

Weimann v Norwich 2, Benteke tenaciously engages their keeper and two defenders, flicks it back for Weimann, goal.

Benteke v Norwich, 16 slick passes then a 20 yard drive, BANG

Benteke v Liverpool, 20-25 yard shot, BANG

Weimann v Liverpool, slick move involving a mouth-watering backheeled flick assist. ZOMFG.

Benteke v Liverpool2. Bullying run and finish.

Wonderful, really proud of the lion cubs today. Maturing. Be good to see Vlaar back and Bennett too.

• Like 1

I had to work today, so quickly subscribed for a text service, got to work and the Liverpool fan was saying we are the worst team in the league. He followed this up by saying "If we lose to you (Villa) I will eat my own testical tomorrow..."

So, I'm taking a knife, fork and plate in for him.

My boss and the floor manager are both United fans and kept telling me it was 3-0 and I wouldn't believe them! Bloody brilliant feeling to get the score. Walked home smiling.

Got a big smile on my face and looking forward to MotD for once. I'm hoping that clown Lawro is on to hear him choke on his overt hatred of Villa. He is bound to find some slant as to how poor Villa are.

Loving the delusional Liverpool fans. When oh when will they wake up and realise they are no longer a big club. Yes they have a great history and have achieved some amazing things but just like Villa its history. Sadly they seem to think they have some God given right top be in the top four and they are in not much a better position than us. Their owner is not going to splash big money, I can't believe that he has not looked at Randy Lerner's experiences. Will they pay £100k a week for Walcott.... eh no. But heh ho Downing made the right move........not.

As for the game, absolutely outstanding. I am loving what Lambert is doing, especially with our academy players.

Strange isn't it? Delfouneso was touted as the one to watch whilst all the while Weimann was in the background going about his business. He is clearly the better player now.

I worry slightly for Gary Gardner in the same way.

We need a squad of 24, lambert seems good with rotation and motivation

just to quote from quote that CI posted (i dont know how to) refering to gary gardner, the same can be said, we all praised him and hyped him up but bannan seems to have moved above him in the order, ie weimann and fonz

anyways, just watched the game, and tbf, liverpool were all over us and our heads could of dropped had lichaj scored the own goal, but guzan sorted it

lawro hates praising us doesnt he?

Watching this over and over is like meditation :D

Would love one of the whole nine-pass, Barca-style move for that goal! AWESOME.

Loving Lambert's attack-minded 3-5-2, last year we went 1-0 at Anfield, sat back, got battered, and conceded. This season, we go at anyone and try and win every match, storm into a 3-0 lead at Anfield then it doesn't matter if they score one!

I was only young at school, but was at VP in the Holte on this very same day in 1976 - December 15th

Aston Villa FC beat Liverpool FC 5 -1!

Brilliant game today - proud of the way they defended. Baker, Clark & Herd outstanding.

Benteke & Weimann look like they should get wed!

Baker was my MOTM - the lad is 20 for goodness sake!

Â