• Herd
    • Holman
    • Bannan
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Delph (for Holman 69)
    • El Ahmadi (for Bannan 85)
    • N'Zogbia (for Weimann 90)

Think we were a bit lucky at the start that Liverpool were very complacent. They were attacking at will for the first 15 minutes or so and it looked like they were just assuming the goals would come.But after two superb counterattacking goals we defended much better and there was never much doubt about the result in my mind - particularly after a THIRD absolutely brilliant goal. Fantastic team effort - everyone did well . But there's only one MOTM tonight. BEEENNNTEEEKKKEEE!!!

Brilliant result, shame to concede but a great away performance where we did what was necessary.

The defence worries me when I see the teamsheet but they keep surprising me, solid for weeks now and handling the pressure like veterans of the game. I was worried when Vlaar got injured but we're unbeaten since he's been out!

Benteke was superb, and yes that 2nd goal was Barcelona-esque, you'll all get to see it in HD pn game of the day at 8.25 if you're stream was crappy! I went for Guzan MOTM, didnt put a foot wrong, so comfortable and assuring, doesnt get the credit, it will all go to Tekkers.

But what a great week for us, onwards and upwards. Chelsea have 2 game to play before we go there so lets keep this run going.

UTF'NV :) :)

Really trying not to get carried away with this, didn't expect it at all, wow, as Charlie Nicholas just said - this result and performance is a statement that we are heading in the right direction

Positives -

1) I can't pick a bad performance from anyone really. Delph looked like he was overplaying like he used to when he came on, but other than that, no poor performances

2) The defence, individually and collectively were great, playing 5 at the back while Vlaar has been injured has been really astute, and it doesn't look like we are missing him at the minute. Fair play to Herd, he's a good team player, slots in and does a job with no fuss. But its definitely a 5-3-2 formation, not a 3-5-2. But it seems to suti the players at the minute.

3) Benteke and Weimann look like they might be striking up a bit of an understanding, I hope they get a run in the team now for 5-6 games to see if they can really click. We havn't had a good partnership up front in years.

4) The back heel was the first time in years we've had a execute something like that, it reminded me a Dwight Yorke years ago.

5) At times, we looked really comfortable on the ball, Bannan especially, Westwood is a quiet hero, and Holman is really coming into his own now as a link up player.

But (and I hate doing this because we've just had a great win)

1) Early on we were getting killed on the wings with 2-on-1s on our wing backs, this is always going to be a problem with 5-3-2

2) Once the 3rd goal went in, we resorted to our old style of sitting back, and apart from a couple of decent passing moves, it was all Liverpool, but we defended very well, everyone prepared to die for the cause.

3) The centre halves got caught in possession quite a few times first half which could have caught us out

4) On another day, we could easily have lost this by a few goals. Today things went for us. But on other days things go against us when we deserve a result. Swings and roundabouts.

Not alot of negatives for once! But still trying to be realistic about the rollercoaster we are on. We could easily lose by a large margin at Chelsea, and I hope there is no over-reaction if thats the case!

Wow pleasantly surprised to see SSN don't have a vendetta against like MOTD seem to do. We're the game of the day on the highlights and Charlie Nichlas and Jeff Stelling had nothing but good things to say about us today. Nicholas even compared the 2nd goal to Barcelona and said we'd made a massive statement with today's win. Meanwhile, MOTD will no doubt be crying about the so-called penalty shouts Liverpool didn't get.

However amidst the utter anti-villa shit we seem to get, a very level-headed Liverpool fan posted this on RAWK.

"I don't think I've watched a game this season where we shouldn't have smashed the opposition, why we're not miles clear at the top is anyone's guess.

Discredit Villa all you want, they defended better than us, they attacked better than us, scored more than us and conceded less than us. Completely and utterly outwitted us.

Had we done what Villa have just done to us, against City or Man U, we'd be all in here fapping about what a tactical masterstroke it was."

Got it spot on, he must be the cleverest man in Liverpool.

Anyway, time to get drunk and rub the red-noses faces in it. The great thing about beating a team with mindless glory supporters is that there's no shortage of fans to berate!

Went for Baker. Benteke will win the MOTM, but without a rock at the back we would have been in trouble.

Thats taking nothing away from the whole team performance and I should think a lot of doubters might have signed up to the Lambert lovefest after this cracking result. Providing we can keep this side together, I can see exciting times ahead..

Â