• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Holman
    • Benteke
    • Weimann (for Bent 35)
    • N'Zogbia (for Holman 73)

a great result clearly, a surprising result, but still a great result, if onlg they could play like that in the league, we defitely wont be lifting the cup though, were not ready to win it

is there anywhere to see the goals?

were not ready to win it

Odd thing to say,

A lot of tempting teams left to play. who;s to say any of the other teams are more "ready" than us.

anyway, Bentekkers was brilliant had a part in every goal and got one for himself to top it off.

We're going to win this cup. I just feel it. Weimann was playing with great confidence.

I'm sorry Darren but if you want to play then you've got to play at the same level as this lad! I'm a big Weimann fan. Some credit to McLeish for giving him the chance to break through and to Lambert for trusting him. He's like a young Robbie Keane

What a fantastic night. I have to say our support was absolutely brilliant.

MOTM for me was Delph.

What impressed my most of all was how well we kept the ball and how patient we were. Waiting until the right times to play the incisive passes.

Benteke is awesome, he is so vital to the way we are playing and no matter how good I think Bent is, I have to say the manager has got it right with his selection policy.

JUst hope we can transfer that form into the league.

Had a bit of a chuckle reading a few Naawrrrch forums this morning. Some of them are so bitter, they sound like bloody noses!

Apparently it's better to go out in the QF, as you don't have to play two extra games. Also we're going to suffer big time, due to us doing well in the cup, and we'll go the same way as sha. Oh and it's small time to celebrate winning games, and it was our cup final last night.

Got to love the revisionism of modern football fans!

Great result! something to get excited about at last!

And a 4-1 win at Norwich brings back happy memories of the start of the glory days under Ron Saunders. In the last week of the 1974-75 season, we won 4-0 at Sheffield Wednesday to clinch promotion, then beat Sunderland 2-0 at Villa Park in front of 57,000 (thereby promoting Norwich) and finally (having done Norwich enough favours) went to Carrow Road and won 4-1, completing a run of eight wins out of eight at the end of season. Happy days!

We also won the League Cup that season, beating Norwich in the final. Let's hope there's a lucky omen in there somewhere.

• Like 1

Only seen the highlights, such a good result, cannot beat the league cup. Its took some real stick over the years with reserve teams being played in it but i love this cup, been good to us over the years.

Whether we get to the final or even win it, it's been great for our young players to just go out and play, we're a work in progress but a bit of Silverware would do wonders for everyone connected with Villa.

Buzzing with last night's result. The league and cup really are chalk and cheese this season for us. When you look at the teams left in it, it's a great year to have this run in it! Only Chelsea that we could draw in the semis who would scare me. Fair enough Swansea are a good side if they get through, but I'd back us against them.

Â