• Herd
    • Bent
    • Holman
    • Benteke
    • Weimann (for Bent 35)
    • N'Zogbia (for Holman 73)

What a game .. What a fans !!

What a Benteke .. What a Weimann !!

And to be honest .. the whole team played well ..

I think Clark after their goal became a Captain and a monster !

Herd looking great ..

Delph and N'Zogbia need a lot of praise to be honest ! I was really amazed !

I think we should stick on with Zog Benteke Weimann ..

Given saved a couple of hard balls .. but to be honest we also missed a lot !

• Like 1

Was at the game tonight will keep this quick cos I'm knackered. What a night! Fans brilliant the whole way through great atmosphere.

Voted Herd motm but it could've gone to Benteke or Holman or Clark or Weimann or Nzogbia. The latter gave us some real urgency when he came on which just wasn't there with Delph and KEA, having said that they did their part tonight in keeping the ball well.

Some of our buildup play for the later goals was beautiful. Great finishing from Weimann (love him btw) and Benteke's goal was just brilliant.

Great night, looking forward to the draw! Only negative was Given really, the two or three good saves late on font really undo just how terrible he was first half, shocking decision making whether to come off his line or not. Guzman back in for the semis please.

One more thing, the formation with wing backs works really well, esp herd and low ton on the right hand side very solid.

Given 3

Lowton 7

Baker 7

Clark 8

Herd 8

Lichaj 6.5

Delph 7

KEA 6.5

Holman 8

Benteke 8

Bent not on long enough did miss a decent chance though

Weimann 8

Nzogbia 8

this now shows we do have real options and that we can switch players in and out without the whole team looking disjointed, which is brilliant. Also shows we can use more than 1 formation effectively which is something to marvel at after the last few years. I am greatly looking forward to the Liverpool fixture now! hoping this brings us great confidence in the league now too, there is a bit of a gap starting to separate the bottom few from the rest and we need to catch up quick before the gap widens any more.

ABSOLUTELY BUZZING THOUGH! amazing to wake up to this result, along with Arsenal out, just hoping Chelsea come back jet-lagged and uninterested for Leeds, then we've got an amazing chance! but even with Chelsea still in it i wouldn't care, lets go for this!!

That is what sports reporting sounds like in England? She sounded asleep.

post-match reports, most the time yeh. commentary can get very animated though. can't tell if you genuinely did not know this or are just having a dig

Thanks, yeah, just watched the highlights, the team looked great, nice to see multiple goals. Between Lambert's accent and his mumbling, I really struggle to understand WTF he's saying sometimes!

Great result , what more could you ask for on a cold Tuesday night. Hopefuly we can play like this against Liverpool.

I have a feeling the Liverpool match will be a memorable one. I think Villa are ready to make a move up the table

Â