Playstation 4

hogso

4 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

Has anyone had any issues with the ps4 auto-ejecting disks and how to fix it?

Seems to be an almost daily occurrence, and I'm worried it's on its last legs

Which version of the ps4 do you have? On the original there was an issue with the rubber feet on the bottom which actually ended up triggering the eject button. There's one in line with the button which I removed and it solved the problem. 

Edited by dubbs
Extra

19 hours ago, dubbs said:

Which version of the ps4 do you have? On the original there was an issue with the rubber feet on the bottom which actually ended up triggering the eject button. There's one in line with the button which I removed and it solved the problem. 

How do you remove the feet? Just pry it out with a knife?

• 1 month later...

sony have their own live streaming update thing going on tonight 9pm our time called state of play, would expect with them not doing E3 this year and this being the 1st one they will do something special for it, days gone is pretty close to launch, the likes of last of us 2, GoT, dreams, death stranding etc all need release dates

Absolute trash of an update stream. There is a reason Sony are not at E3 this year because until next-gen they have absolutely nothing to show. 

Yes Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding are on PS4, but as time goes on it's looking more likely that both will be cross-gen releases and I don't wanna play these games on PS4 in that scenario.

Sony feel like they are wasting time ahead of a PS5 announcement later this year. An announcement conference that both aforementioned games will likely be at.

yeah that was shit, VR heavy and some of that felt tacked on and close to shovelware

to be fair they have days gone, ghosts, last of us 2 and death stranding to come out in the space of 18 months (??) maybe finally shenmue and FF7 too, which isnt bad but that felt like they have nothing to show and was doing something for the sake of it

didnt even show MLB which i think comes out tomorrow (and is a big game stateside) or the new persona 5 game that was announced at the weekend, i think the main problem was just the general lack of effort

• 5 months later...

Soooooo I'm going to attempt to remedy my PS4's overheating VTOL engine this weekend with a full disassembly, clean out and some new thermal paste.

Any tips from anyone who's performed a similar undertaking?  My plan as it stands is to stop/start an instructional Youtube vid as I slowly replicate everything they do.

• 1 month later...

Today's 7.0 update is neat if, like me, you have an android phone and will be able to make use of the remote play feature. In addition, if your running android 10, it'll support the ps4 controller via Bluetooth too. 

I was playing the ps4 in the bath earlier as a result, which was a novelty. Remote play has been available on iphone and ipad for some time (requiring a certain version, not sure which, but I do know our ipad is too old), but this is new territory for me. I'll be able to play something (although latency is a big issue, so something like Wreck fest which I've been enjoying recently can be problematic, although not completely unplayable) when the girly has got some thing I don't care for on TV. 

I've currently got an Xbox One X, but I'm tempted to buy a PS4 to play the exclusives before the next gen consoles come out.

Would it be worthwhile, are they really that good?

Current list is below, are there anymore to add?

God of War

Last of Us

Days Gone

Horizon Zero Dawn

30 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

God of War

Last of Us

Days Gone

Horizon Zero Dawn

last guardian, bloodborne, uncharted 4, spiderman 

I liked days gone, infamous, the order, killzone

haven't played them but theres also Detroit, until dawn and then death stranding and last of us 2 still to come

id have a look at PS now trial or just joining for a few months, they've added all the games from whatever the PS4 equivalent of the platinum range is so most of those games are on there

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Facebook integration just got removed, which was odd

I wonder if it's anything to do with the 'younger' generation not having much to do with FB these days so it's not worth the effort to maintain? Just a thought.

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I've currently got an Xbox One X, but I'm tempted to buy a PS4 to play the exclusives before the next gen consoles come out.

Would it be worthwhile, are they really that good?

Current list is below, are there anymore to add?

God of War

Last of Us

Days Gone

Horizon Zero Dawn

God of War is genuinely one of the best games I've ever played.

Horizon Zero Dawn is a very good open world title.

Days Gone is fine, not one I'd rush out to get.

Spider-Man is great fun.

Uncharted 4 is more Uncharted but prettier.

Bloodborne is one of the best games ever made, if you like Souls games.

Shadow of the Colossus remake is a must if you have never experienced that game before.

Ratchet and Clank remake is an excellent platformer, and beautiful.

Tetris Effect is far, far better than it has any right to be.

Yakuza 0 is an excellent title that's not really like anything else, a Japanese gangster life story with cool brawling gameplay, good writing and mini games out of its arse.

Persona 5 is one of the best RPGs ever made and is probably the most stylish game ever made.

The Last of Us is an incredible story that allows e it's age a little. It's currently free to download for this month if you have a PSPlus sub.

You can get a lot of mileage out of a PS4 just for exclusives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Facebook integration just got removed, which was odd

The licence expired so it was disabled. That said Sony are working on a new deal with Facebook so the lack of integration should only be temporary. 

59 minutes ago, Chindie said:

You can get a lot of mileage out of a PS4 just for exclusives.

there's no doubt plenty of discussions on controllers and frame rates and how great game pass is and x being technologically superior to pro blah blah blah

I don't think there's been a generation in my gaming time where one console has produced so many more top quality exclusives as sony have done this generation, decent number of new IPs too

had a look at game rankings cos im bored at work

PS4 I think (some indie titles im not sure on) has 33 exclusives that rate over 80%, 203 games in total score over 80%

the xbox one only has 37 games in total that rank over 80% 13 are exclusive and only ori and cuphead are new IPs, there hasn't been a single new full release IP exclusive on the xbox one

that's mad

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

had a look at game rankings cos im bored at work

there hasn't been a single new full release IP exclusive on the xbox one

that's mad

Of the top of my head in about 30 seconds.. Sunset overdrive, Titanfall, quantum break, ryse, sea of thieves, ori & the blind forest

Â