Playstation 4

hogso

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2017 at 16:44, lapal_fan said:

Just cause 3 for free!!!!???

:o

I'll take that thanks very much!

Was quite a big let down for me. Just Cause 2 was one of my favourite games of that console generation but 3 was lacking something

6 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Was quite a big let down for me. Just Cause 2 was one of my favourite games of that console generation but 3 was lacking something

yea seems convoluted and boring.  Only played it for about 1.5 hours. 

I'll have an explore around the map though, look for the cool easter eggs and probably never play it again. 

4 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Is there anything new to add though or is it just a revamp of what we already played 20 years ago?

Probably better off watching reviews to get a full sense as I couldn't really do it justice. Some levels have been rebooted but with significantly more to them in, e.g. Green Hill Zone isn't just a HD version of the Sonic 1 level, the level design changes massively and the bosses are completely new. There's also a load of new levels that were not on previous games which are fantastic. The special stage (the one where you get the Chaos Emeralds) is brand new as well (it's more of a fusion of the Sonic CD one with Sonic R). On top of that there's loads of new animations in the sprites and a lot of content to unlock that will make you want to play it back several times over. 

The last thing this is is a lazy (HD) remake.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

14 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Probably better off watching reviews to get a full sense as I couldn't really do it justice. Some levels have been rebooted but with significantly more to them in, e.g. Green Hill Zone isn't just a HD version of the Sonic 1 level, the level design changes massively and the bosses are completely new. There's also a load of new levels that were not on previous games which are fantastic. The special stage (the one where you get the Chaos Emeralds) is brand new as well (it's more of a fusion of the Sonic CD one with Sonic R). On top of that there's loads of new animations in the sprites and a lot of content to unlock that will make you want to play it back several times over. 

The last thing this is is a lazy (HD) remake.

Nice one, i think for the money i'll have to pick this up then.

It's been a really good month for ps4 releases: Sonic Mania, Undertale, Circuit breakers, Shadow Tactics and Cities Skylines are all titles I will want to try eventually.

Shadow tactics looks a lot like Commandos which was a great great game back in the day.

Edited by RunRickyRun

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else getting loads of random people adding them as friends on their PS4?

Nearly every day I've got someone new. The odd couple I've asked who they are before I've blocked them have said they found me through the app.

How does that happen? And can I stop it?

Just adding you? Not sending messages? I know there is a bit of an epidemic of spam bots at the moment, but I've never replied to them so don't know if they can reply.

35 minutes ago, hogso said:

Just adding you? Not sending messages? I know there is a bit of an epidemic of spam bots at the moment, but I've never replied to them so don't know if they can reply.

No, sorry.

I phrased that badly.

Not adding me at all actually :) 
Just messaging me, saying Hi or asking me where I'm from etc

Mostly I block them. Occasionally I've asked who they are and they tell me they "found" me on the PSN app.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Is anyone else getting loads of random people adding them as friends on their PS4?

Nearly every day I've got someone new. The odd couple I've asked who they are before I've blocked them have said they found me through the app.

Yeah I get random messages all of the time

Ah yes, you have been a victim of the current epidemic then. It's a stock response, something along the lines I found you on the PSN app, right? Current advice is to either report them, or set your messages to friends only (this is what I've done).

I'm not quite sure how a bot would work on PSN, and it doesn't ask anything of you so it's not phising for anything. Perhaps collecting usernames, or something.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not just ps4, also on xbox too. Random new account with 0 games played that adds about 400 people as a friend in a day sending hi as a message. Get 2 or 3 a week on both & just block them

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

got a stream of them for about a week   just deleted them without replying. 

I need to hook up an external drive to my ps4 pro but as it's only got 2 usb ports i need a hub to increase the number available.  Any cheap ideas? And why only put a 1tb drive in?? 

• 1 month later...

Sucker punch (infamous) have announced their next game, PS4 esclusive, called ghost of Tsushima, an open world samurai game set in the 13th century against the back drop of the mongol invasion

that is properly down my street, combat will make or break it but imo infamous is an underrated game

• Like 1

Â